veterans discount for verizon residential bill.
veteranmike

i am both a verizon wireless and residential customer.   back in late summer a salesman came to my home and talked me into switching to verizon.   i now get a discount for the wireless end of my bill but the resdiential bill.   i have submitted paperwork to corp such as dd214 and no response.   i am constantly referred back to the phone center   i have talked to over a dozen service reps includng supervisors and believe they do not understand how frustrating this is.   verizon website shows you have to be an employee of verizon and then directs you to veterans advantage a pay site that verizon i think gets a cut from.  it would cost me $5 a month to join this.   this is a communications company and i try to get them understand if im getting it on wireless plan why not the residential side.  i am a lifetime member on DAV, VFW and member of American legion, AARP, AAA    i dont need to join another organization.   why does verizon do this.   when my contract runs out im going back to comcast or satelite  please if any of you know how to forward this complaint to the proper person i would appreciate.    when i was sold the next contract back in the summer i was told i would get the military discount on both ends   so far just the wireless portion   thank you  

0 Likes
Re: veterans discount for verizon residential bill.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wireless and residential are two different dvisions.

Looks like Residential gives it to those that are a member of the group as you said.

Like giving a AAA discount.

Doesn't look like Comcast gives them either.

0 Likes
Re: veterans discount for verizon residential bill.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi veteranmike,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes