Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
5G Activation Phone does not Work
jsnciaramitaro
Enthusiast

I had a 5G sim activated in a Pixel 5 on 11/19 and have not been able to use my phone since. I spent multiple hours on different calls with customer support over the next several days until someone told me it was a global issue on 11/25. That tech informed me that becuase of the issue I am not able to activate an old line or transfer my number so I have not been able to use my phone for over a week. What is the resolution and why am I still paying for a service I cannot use with no ETA on when it might be corrected?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 5G Activation Phone does not Work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jsnciaramitaro, I would be just as upset over not being able to use my phone. A week+, is far too long. Were you given an ETA, or was a Ticket opened? 

I'm sending you a Direct Message too. 

Thank you, 

VanessaS_VZW  

0 Likes
Re: 5G Activation Phone does not Work
jsnciaramitaro
Enthusiast

On the original conversation I had on 11/19 the customer service agent told me it was a switch issue that should resolve itself overnight. If not to call then next day. On 11/20 INC004741208 was created and I was told that it would take 24 hours and to call back on Monday. On Monday I called back and the phone worked for about 20 mins after talking to an agent. When it stopped working again I called back and was given the INC004744011 as a new ticket number and told it would be 24 hours. On the last call 11/24 the agent said she would reopen INC004741208 and that there was no ETA and she could not transfer my number to a different phone. She told me I would have to wait until IT could fix the issue.

0 Likes