Added unlocked Pixel 6 pro and now cannot get updates from google.
Anothersuckeraparentl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google support has no clue even though their pages on FB and Pixel support are flooded with it.  I see many of them are on Verizon as well so it seems it is mostly with people using Verizon.

Anyone here have any information?

Labels (1)
Re: Added unlocked Pixel 6 pro and now cannot get updates from google.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Anothersuckeraparentl,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Pixel 6 Pro. We'll gladly do what we can to assist. What updates are you having trouble with?

Describe what is happening.

-Arya

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

See this thread also:  https://community.verizon.com/t5/Google-Pixel/Pixel-6-Update-Not-Being-Offered/m-p/1231299#M6054

Google pushed a Day 1 update (with November security patch)....on 28 October. All Pixel 6's have received the update, EXCEPT Pixel 6's on Verizon. Verizon seems to be holding this update for some reason, just like Verizon held the November update for the Pixel 5 last year.

My current build is: SD1A.210817.019.C2. I believe that is the original Pixel 6 Verizon build number and I should be receiving SD1A.210817.036.A8 with the out of the box update. But there is no update available for Pixel 6's on Verizon. All Pixel 6's on other carriers have received the update.

Anothersuckeraparentl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everything the poster below said.  How can Verizon not know this? 

Day one update NOTHING

November update NOTHING

If you use the phone on Verizon it is like you do not exist.

The internet is on FIRE about this issue , has been since the phones second day on the market.  I know we have also called Verizon as well.  ANY unlocked Pixel is being denied a connection to verizons update server.  I have been with Verizon for well over a decade.  This is not acceptable.  It is just insulting when people at both Verizon and google act as if they don't know about this issue.

I will tell you what I told the Google person on the phone...

Google it maybe??

afrigene
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon not only MUST know about this issue, they are the root cause of the issue. They made a deliberate decision not to push updates to the Google build (SD1A.210817.019.C2).

Unbelievable to me that weeks have gone by and they have not even acknowledged that this is an issue.

Very disappointed customer.

0 Likes