Anyone else notice Google blocked Pixel from being able to cast to any device but a Chromecast?
jhardluck

I have 4 Roku's in my house and my Pixel does not see any of them in the Cast screen. My Galaxy Note 5 had no problems with casting. I went and bought a new Chromecast and amazingly it was found by the Pixel right away. This is really unfair, I much prefer my Roku. The Chromecast is fine for casting but, the Roku has so much more content. It seems unfortunately like Google is acting more and more like Apple with their devices. Unless they say Google they don't play nicely with each other. I didn't realize all the functions I was giving up by switching to Pixel.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone else notice Google blocked Pixel from being able to cast to any device but a Chromecast?
rcschnoor
Legend

My Pixel is able to see the Rokus as well as FireTVs in my home on the cast screen. I have not tried casting to any of them, but it can certainly see them. I will try casting to one of them when I get home.

Re: Anyone else notice Google blocked Pixel from being able to cast to any device but a Chromecast?
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

I am able to cast directly to my 4K LG TV at my house.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I have Roku and a Pixel, what (app) are you using to cast to the Roku? 

I will try it.  I have 2-3 year old Roku, don't know if it will work...

mama23dogs
Legend

Update:   My Roku are old enough that I was not able to cast, or perhaps I just don't know how to enable and use casting.  I have other android devices (Note 3) and tried it first. 

Still fiddling, I was to tired to stick with it last night. 

rcschnoor
Legend

Whoops. I forgot to check mine last night.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Well, after going through the online tutorial, enabling several phones, I could get as far as the pear on my screen...but none of my phones would hold on and actually cast. 

The Pixel wouldn't even go that far.  It would see the Chromecast, but not the Roku. 

I would complain to Google..  I know they want to create their own little google dynasty like Apple did, but this isn't how Apple got it done.  Apple made their reduces work better with other products with everything. 

0 Likes