Bose SoundLink Flex
Bone19990
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received a Bose SoundLink Flex Bluetooth speaker as a Christmas gift and when I connected it to my Google Pixel 5, the phone immediately shut down and then rebooted in safe mode. It gave the option to try booting up the phone again as normal or basically reset the whole phone. I haven't done any of that as I don't know if or what I would lose on my phone should I do that. Anyone else ever have a similar problem and is there a solution to this? My phone is the device that it would primarily be used with. I would hate to have to return the speaker.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bose SoundLink Flex
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely not what is normally supposed to happen when you connect to a Bluetooth speaker. Has this device done this before when it was connected to any other Bluetooth accessories?

*Peter

0 Likes
Bone19990
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never. I have Airpods that I use all the time without an issue. I downloaded the Bose Connect app and connected the speaker through there per the instructions without a problem. As soon as the speaker is done connecting, the phone shuts down on me. When I then turn it back on, safe mode comes up and asks me to try again or reset. I haven't done the reset because I don't want to mess up the things that are already on my phone. Once I turn the power off on the speaker, the problem goes away. I'm wondering if the problem is with the speaker itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This definitely sounds like it may be the Speaker itself.  Have you been able to test it with another phone?  If possible please try this and notify us of the result.-Sean

0 Likes
Bone19990
Enthusiast - Level 3

I solved the problem and it actually had to do with the app that I downloaded to connect the speaker. There is something wrong with the app. The instructions tell you to download the app and connect the speaker through the app. I decided to try another way. I tried connecting the speaker directly through the Bluetooth settings and it worked perfectly fine without a problem. The app didn't work correctly for me on another device either.

0 Likes