Camera has stopped working on Pixel 2
drhummer
Enthusiast - Level 1

My one year old Pixel 2 camera(s) has stopped working.  App appears to open and then reverts back to home screen.  I have tried every suggestion online including restarting the phone, clearing the cache, force stopping the app, starting the phone in safe mode, and now resetting the factory settings.  Nothing will bring the camera back to life. 

From external searches it appears to be a common hardware problem.  Anyone else experiencing this? 

Labels (1)
Re: Camera has stopped working on Pixel 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@drhummer

It's important that your Google Pixel 2 camera is always working as expected so that you can capture those memorable moments on your wireless device. I would love to help.

First, I'd like to ask you a few questions. When did this problem with your camera start? Had you recently updated your device software or installed any new applications just prior to this happening? Lastly, does your device have any physical or liquid damages? Please let me know the answers to all of these questions so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Glaser

This camera has been ungoing problem, very often pictures are taken that go nowhere. I simply can't find them.

Yesterday the picture app just died, all I see is a black screen and then it crashes and goes back to the home screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your camera to work properly, Glaser. I understand your concern when the picture app stops responding so I'm here to help. When did this begin? What was the last change made to your phone before this began? Is there any physical or liquid damage?

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Dirty_s197
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ive also done all the suggestions from the web, Ive even tried 3rd party apps. Nothing will work. Selfie mode works fine but the rear camera just will not focus. It also no longer works in apps (ie: Facebook Messenger)... It worked completely fine until the new Android 10 update. No other system changes were made and no other apps were added. 

0 Likes
krisnicole3

I am having this problem now with my Pixel 2XL. After the most recent update, it stopped working. Tried all the recommendations available online, and nothing fixes it. Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help. Please tell me more about how did it stop working. Does it power on? Does the data stop working? 

Tell me, does your device have any liquid or physical damage? VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
jdbenson77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same problem.  Last week the front camera stopped, this week the rear camera stopped.  App appears to open and then reverts back to home screen.  I have tried every suggestion online including restarting the phone, clearing the cache, force stopping the app, starting the phone in safe mode, and now resetting the factory settings.  Nothing will bring the camera back to life. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdbenson77 Thank you for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your Google Pixel 2. Having the Camera feature is important, and we are here to investigate. Does the phone have any water or physical damage? Please verify the available memory space on the device. To check the space, please go to Settings > Storage > View the Used space. 
Let's also try putting your device into Safe Mode. Please go to https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215256/ and follow the steps and then try the camera. Please keep me posted. 

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes