Contacts App version differences
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hubby and I got the Google Pixel (32GB) on 11/11/16, almost a month ago now.  One Black, one Silver.  I moved from a Droid Turbo, he had an 8 year old LGVX5400 (and an iPhone 4 work phone).  I expected differences in how we adjusted and how we use the phones.

I'm loving mine, still tweaking and getting it all configured.  It does have a few glitches (sound drops out on calls periodically, though it hasn't happened since I turned OFF the HD calling) but I am getting to know it and enjoy it.

Tonight I was out to dinner with my daughter, her husband and family.  My husband was at another event, and both my son in law and I got missed calls and voicemails from my husband.  He was trying to call someone else and and the phone dialed us instead of who he intended to call.  The voicemail was clearly unintentional and he did not realize he was leaving a voicemail - he's upset because he can see a call in progress, but can't DO anything about it (and I'm hearing this on a voicemail so the call connected to my phone, I didn't answer and my voicemail is recording his frustration!!)

When he got a call, the screen was not lighting up, so he could not see how to answer the call or who it was - he just heard the ringtone.  I saw that happen.  Pushing the power button to "light up the screen" did not do that - but it didn't connect either.  It stopped the ringtone (so the thought he had hung up the call) - but for the caller (me, watching what was happening) it simply continued to voicemail.  Very strange.  Rebooting the phone brought things back to normal, but it was very odd!

And now to the really odd part - he was having difficulty with his contact list, it wasn't working like mine although we both have a Verizon cloud backup Google backup.  In looking at the app settings and individual contact options, our menus were different.  Further exploration yielded different version of our contact app.  Yet we purchased both phones on the same day, at the same store.  The only difference (I thought!) was the color.  Yet our contacts app (preinstalled on the phone) are different.  Mine is version 1.5.16 (Silver phone) and his (Blac phone) is version 1.6.xx (I forget exact numbers and his phone is not handy ATM). 

What versions of the contact app are you seeing?  If anyone has version 1.6.xx, I have further questions for you!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts App version differences
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Update:  Looks like 1.6.15 was released 12/7/16 - maybe hubby's updated before mine?  ANyway - some things have changed and I will be exploring the differences....

0 Likes
Re: Contacts App version differences
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I got the update to the Contacts app V. 1.6.15 this morning - so it looks like it's being rolled out in stages.  We'll see if I now get the same glitches as he does.

0 Likes