DEFECTIVE Google Pixel replaced many times...
BERWIS95

BEWARE buying any phone through Verizon.

I purchased a Pixel in December 2016 from Verizon and had the misfortune of finding out there are KNOWN issues and the phone has been replaced many times.  In Fact so many that I stopped counting.

Verizon's solution is we will cancel your phone contract but you are are the money you paid.

When BUYING direct from GOOGLE their policy is we will replace with NEW pixel that we know has no issues or we will REFUND the FULL amount paid.

To make matters worse, Verizon says, not their issue.total time spent getting support for 8 months over 80 HOURS of time to yet again, receive a bad PIXEL.

The last one didn't even work out of the box.

Come on Verizon, start providing better support.

PS was a longtime ATT customer and only switched because of the Pixel phone.  Time to look at the other carriers with better customer support.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: DEFECTIVE Google Pixel replaced many times...
mama23dogs
Legend

You can always go straight to the manufacturer for warranty replacement.  It's just not as quick and conveinient  the carrier swap. 

Ive use google warranty and am very pleased with their responce and did receive a new replacement

jrakowski
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know if you can warranty a replacement phone through Google? I am having the same issue.

I bought my Pixel brand new on August 4th. On August 26th it stopped charging and Verizon had sent me a replacement since it is still in the warranty period.

The replacement I received is sub-par, it makes me wonder how well Verizon actually tests these devices before shipping them to customers.

Issues with replacement Pixel:

-- After activating the device, I went to make a phone call. No sound coming through the speaker. Microphone did not work either. (The speaker DID work for the activation test call, but stopped working hours later.)

-- Slow to wake up from unlock, screen will remain black for up to a minute after unlocking with fingerprint or power button.

-- Randomly restarts.

-- Applications constantly locking up, phone is near useless.

The mic/audio mysteriously starting working later on that night, but today quit working again. A factory reset fixed the issue, but the phone has been constantly rebooting and getting stuck on the loading screen ever since completing the factory reset.

As I write this, the phone has been stuck on the loading screen from one of these random restarts. It is going on about 30 minutes or so.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes you can work with Google directly on the warranty replacement.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

Um...yes....    

jrakowski
Enthusiast - Level 2

Awesome ! I had just reached out to Google and after explaining the issues with the device, they are going to RMA the replacement Pixel I had received from Verizon. Google assures me that their device will function as well as my original.

I honestly have no clue how Verizon goes about testing these devices, if they even test. It is blatantly  obvious that this device has underlying hardware issues. I factory reset the device multiple times which does not resolve the issues.

After the latest factory reset the following issues still exist:

Headphone jack does not work, audio plays over speaker.

Bluetooth does not work.

Restarts whenever the slightest bit of work is handed to the CPU. (Opening Android Messages to send a text causes it to reboot.)

Reboot was taking up to 30 minutes to complete. (Usually maybe 30 seconds.)

The System.UI was crashing this morning during unlocking the device.

Unable to make calls. (Speaker and Mic tested, neither work.)

How can Verizon miss all of these things ? I almost feel like they just factory reset the devices received and send them out as refurbished devices. These issues starting appearing the first day I started using this replacement, no reason at least 1 issue wouldn't occur during the testing phase.

I am not hard to please, really. I am fine with receiving a refurbished device. As long as it doesn't look like it fell off a building before getting run over by a car and it works, I am happy.

My original device was 21 days old, worked great, until it stopped taking a charge. Can't use it if I can't charge it.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Warranty is ALWAYS from the manufacturer.  Carriers have a very narrow contract with each as to how they can replace phones.  At any time you can skip the carrier and contact the manufacturer as they can replace a device outside those limited parameters.

There is a downside.  Often you have to return the device and it may take weeks for it to come back, and they don't send a loaner. 

Apple has always excelled as they send a replacement first. 

Google is doing it with the Pixel as they are trying to match Apple.  Yippee!

jrakowski
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not a huge issue, I'm using my old Galaxy S5 until the pixel comes

back. Not as fast or anything, but better than nothing.

0 Likes