Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Email sync frequency
ALIVYS62

I need my email to be synced immediately, but the only option I see is every 15 min.  Why is the "immediate" option not there in my settings?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Email sync frequency
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand the importance of managing your account. What's the make and model of your device? What email provider do you use?

0 Likes
ALIVYS62

I have a Google Pixel 2 and I use Outlook. All of my phones have always had the immediate sync option. I can't have emails updating only every 15 min when out of the office.

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ALIVYS62, 

Thank you for confirming. Please confirm is this the way you are checking the sync frequency http://spr.ly/6588DgOA8

0 Likes
ALIVYS62

Yes, that is the way to turn sync on or off. When you go to account settings for any email, there is "sync frequency". On ever phone I have owned, there is an "immediate" sync option for emails. I need that so I can receive emails on my phone immediately as they come in. However, in my Google Pixel 2, the quickest option I see is every 15 minutes. How is that possible? I can't receive my work emails only every 15 minutes. I need them to come immediately.

Thank you,

Alice

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alivys62, I understand the importance of needing to receive your emails as soon as they come in. We're limited as to what troubleshooting we can do with email servers. I would recommend to remove the email from the phone and then follow the steps on this link to set up your email account manually https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215340/. Please keep us posted. 

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes