Google Pixel OEM Unlock (2016 Pixel 1)
Aliasjunto
Enthusiast - Level 1

I own a Google Pixel (Original 2016). It's paid-for. It's off warrantee. It's not on my VZW contract. I want OEM Unlocking enabled. I already have developer access. OEM Unlocking is greyed-out in the off position. I have spent several days trying to get Verizon Tech Support to unlock my device for me. I've taken a lot of time to research this stuff on my own. It's not fair to VZW to restrict a phone which is both fully paid-for and no longer on the service. I've had good conversations with Tech Support, who have even sent me a text from VZW that the phone will be unlocked after I put in a different carrier SIM. I've put a T-mobile SIM into the device and confirmed it made calls. The device is still locked. I've reset the phone. The device is still locked. I've wiped the phone from recovery mode. The device is still locked. I want to root this device. I want to use it on other networks. YOU, VZW, can't continue to restrict this device, which is out of your contract, no longer eligible for security updates, and privately owned. PLEASE UNLOCK MY DEVICE! PLEASE REMOVE THE RESTRICTIONS FROM MY PRIVATE PROPERTY!

Labels (1)
Re: Google Pixel OEM Unlock (2016 Pixel 1)
Aliasjunto
Enthusiast - Level 1

To be clear, I understand this might not be the correct forum for this post, but since Customer Service has not been helpful, I'm widening the scope of my communications. I NEED THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED FOR MY DEVICE, THE DEVICE I PAID FOR, THE DEVICE WHICH IS MINE AND NOT YOURS, VZW, THE DEVICE WHICH IS NOT GOVERNED BY YOUR TERMS, WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE UNLOCKED ALREADY, WHICH IS MY PROPERTY BEING RESTRICTED AGAINST MY WILL BY A COMPANY WITH NO FURTHER RELATION TO THE DEVICE. PLEASE UNLOCK MY BOOTLOADER. PLEASE ENABLE OEM UNLOCKING.

Re: Google Pixel OEM Unlock (2016 Pixel 1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern regarding your Google Pixel, Aliasjunto. Please keep in mind that our devices unlock after being active in our network for 60 days. We will be happy to look into this for you and see what options we have available. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist. ~Vic

0 Likes