I can hear them, but they can't hear me at all (Pixel)
ToddA3782
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a new Pixel and I have a huge problem.  On MOST phone calls, I can hear the other party just fine but they cannot hear me at all - the conversation is completely silent on their end.  Sometimes, a call works fine.  More than half the time, when I answer a call I can hear the other person but they cannot hear me.  Sometimes, I am in the middle of a call that is OK and suddenly they other person can't hear me any more.  They think I've hung up.  It happens no matter where I am when I use the phone.  This is obviously completely unacceptable.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Can anyone suggest a solution?  I can't even figure out if it's a defective phone, a software problem, a Verizon network problem, or something else.  What is my next step to get this fixed?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I can hear them, but they can't hear me at all (Pixel)
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are not alone.  My husband and I both experience this, though not as severely as you describe.  It happens in the middle of a call, and sometimes (if neither of us has given up and hung up) the call will resume normally after 30 seconds or so.

I've googled the issue and it's definitely an issue.  We are currently experimenting; he has HD calling off, I have it on.  We'll see if his calls are better. 

It happens on bluetooth in my car, it happens on speakerphone, it happens on a "regular" call, doesn't seem to matter if I received or initiated the call.  Yes, it's frustrating.

Next step - contact Google?  Google Groups is the link to the Pixel Community and searching for "caller can't hear me" yields many results.  You may find an answer, and you can contact Google directly for suggestions or a replacement.

0 Likes