MMS issues Pixel 6a
medic502
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a 4a...great pics received on MMS texts... Like 500 to 700K.

Now since I upgraded to the the 6A about 2 weeks ago... Immediately noticed the MMS pics I received from my family (Verizon customers also) that I have received excellent pics from before... Look they came from a flip phone 20 years ago. They are l are sizes 31K and 40K???

I use Textra...but I reverted back to the stock messaging app. And tried it and no better?

Please Help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS issues Pixel 6a
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@medic502 wrote:

I had a 4a...great pics received on MMS texts... Like 500 to 700K.

Now since I upgraded to the the 6A about 2 weeks ago... Immediately noticed the MMS pics I received from my family (Verizon customers also) that I have received excellent pics from before... Look they came from a flip phone 20 years ago. They are l are sizes 31K and 40K???

I use Textra...but I reverted back to the stock messaging app. And tried it and no better?

Please Help

Is there any phone setting that relates to limiting resolution of incoming text messages attached pictures?  Are you able to send full resolution pictures to those same contacts?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sure you would like to get the original picture. I would love to help. Now you did mention you stoped using Textra. Did you delete this app? If not please do so and restart your phone. Does this happen on every picture? What happens if you send a picture are they the same size? 

-Amber

0 Likes
medic502
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Textra app has never been an issue. I had it on my pixel 2 and 4a and never any issues with receiving photo with high resolution. Now anything I receive through Verizon (from another Verizon customer) has low resolution.

I have received pics from AT&T and cricket customers that are like 600 to 700K.

The ones I am receiving from my family and friends that use Verizon are like 40K and look like a old flip phone pic from 15 years ago.

The photos I send to other people are good... So I think it must have something to do with 6a.

I am using my old sim card from 4a...not sure if that would cause an issue or not. Actually probably from my pixel 2 since I purchased both phones from Google direct. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day, medic502. We understand your concerns with picture messages, and we want to help you. 

You mention that you are using a SIM card from an older device and that can definitely impact your phone's performance. We recommend that you stop by a Verizon Wireless corporate office and get a free SIM card specifically assigned to your device to resolve the issue. 

Please visit this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores) and enter your ZIP code to find a corporate Verizon Wireless store near you. Corporate stores are identified as “Verizon Company Store”.

-Antonio

0 Likes
medic502
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a sim card on the way to me after speaking with a customer service rep on phone. I will update after I install it. Thanks 

0 Likes