Messages app won't show notification dot on pixel 2
mnswhit
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Pixel 2 and messages+ will not show a notification dot on the icon. Notifications show up in notifications drop-down. Directions I found on this site said I could turn them on in the apps settings, but the option to turn on notification dots isn't there. App version is 6.4.42

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Messages app won't show notification dot on pixel 2
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know why the Verizon Messages+ application doesn't show the dot on the app icon when there are new messages. I do know the dot is displayed on the Google Messages application. Maybe you could which application you use?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PHILUC48

I joined this because my pixel 2 is the very same. It will not display a dot notification on my message+ app. This is almost a deal breaker, I cannot believe this does not work. I have tried everything, the app settings shows that it is on. All the other apps have a Dot notification. Ughhh [removed]!!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are appreciated, let's dig a little deeper. When did the problem begin? Please clarify, do you not receive a numeric notification on the Message+ application?

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mnswhit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since Friday, when I purchased the phone, so always. Considering that the phone just came out, I assume that it's always been the case. I do not recieve a numeric notification, or a notification dot. The Icon just doesn't give a notification of any sort. I do get notifications via the pull-down notifications.

0 Likes
PHILUC48

The message+ app does not show a red DOT to show that you have a message.

The notification will show up in the status bar and if elected will show a

preview on the screen. In the message+ apps settings the dot notification

is on. The phone settings under app notifications is also on. The rest of

the apps on the phone do show a dot on the icon indicating a notification.

My previous phone a Samsung S7 did this flawlessly, I knew exactly how many

messages I had.

If you need anymore clarification please let me know.

On Nov 29, 2017 9:21 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mnswhit, 

I know how important it is to see a notification dot on the Messages+ App as this will keep you updated without having to utilize your notification screen. The good news is our app developer is aware of this concern and this issue will be corrected in the next release build 6.5 scheduled to launch mid-December. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope this is beneficial.

CoreyM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
flagpond01

I just returned from the Verizon Store where I bought my Pixel 2 and they determined, by calling Verizon tech support, that it is a "known" problem--3rd party apps' notifications do not work properly, including Verizon's own Message+ app.  They "are working on it."  The best part is that the sales guy I was working with got on my phone and contacted Verizon tech support and was treated so rudely by Tech Support that he showed the texts to his manager and the are filing a complaint with the Tech Support supervisor.

0 Likes
Charles5335

The same problem with my moto G7power. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes