My pixel XL 2 is very difficult to charge?
KEAHI7907
Enthusiast - Level 1

Whenever I plug my pixel XL 2 in for the night if the cord isn't pressed in hard it won't charge at all. Even if the indicator says it's charging rapidly there will be no increase or a very very slow charge. when I press it in hard it will make the tone and start charging properly. It seems like the port isn't holding the USB c cable the way it should. Is anyone else experiencing this? It is very frustrating as I really enjoyed the pixel XL 2 so far.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My pixel XL 2 is very difficult to charge?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KEAHI7907, I regret to hear about your Google Pixel 2 XL charging issues and will be glad to help so we can come to a resolution. I've owned the same phone myself and never had any charging issues with the Pixel 2 XL. To answer your question, I don't see this is a known issue with your specific model.

Just to confirm, have you at all attempted to use another charger to see if the USB-C charging cable was the root cause? Based on your explanation it seems like the charging port on the phone is loose. Is the phone charging port or the charging cable itself bent or damaged in any way?

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

KEAHI7907
Enthusiast - Level 1

The charging port doesn't physically look damaged or bent. As for other USB C chargers, the car port charger doesn't work at all, it won't even recognize it, but it works for my Samsung work phone just fine. The adapter for headphones also doesn't work at all. The only charger that comes close to working is the one I mentioned my original post, and that's the one that was supplied with the phone. My work phone uses USB C as well, and it makes an audible click as it seats in the port, my pixel does not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KEAHI7907, 

We understand how important your phone is to you. We want to find the best resolution and appreciate you taking the time to complete these steps. We are glad the charging port doesn't show any signs of damage. Is there any physical damage http://spr.ly/6584ErKa6 to the phone or any other issues, aside from the charging port? Do you know if you have any insurance or warranty coverage?

Jenelle_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KEAHI7907
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is a very small crack in the screen near the bottom right corner, that's about it. I have no insurance I'm aware of. Also unaware of warranty still exists

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details KEAHI7907 and want to ensure we continue working towards a solution. Were there any changes to your device around the time the issue began such as new apps or updates? Is there a cover or case on your phone around the charging port? If so, do you experience the same issue if you try charging the phone without the case/cover?

Rashad_VZW

0 Likes
KEAHI7907
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue with/without case. No updates that I can think of caused the issue, Seems to be a progressive problem, gets worse after more time..

0 Likes
LeMire
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issues, no updates or issues with a case or any damage to the phone for me either.  Simply the charge port isn't holding the cord unless i put it in perfectly and don't move the phone.  It is also charging much slower than it ever has, this started in the past week.  

boringusername
Master - Level 1

@LeMire wrote:

I have the same issues, no updates or issues with a case or any damage to the phone for me either.  Simply the charge port isn't holding the cord unless i put it in perfectly and don't move the phone.  It is also charging much slower than it ever has, this started in the past week.  

What do you mean perfectly? It should be put in perfectly every time. Probably why it has issues. Putting it in half-ssed will losen the charge port

0 Likes
EmLay1223
Enthusiast - Level 1

My pixel 3 xl is having the same issue

0 Likes