No Emergency Alerts on Pixel 4 XL
DanielJGreff
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had my Google Pixel 4 XL for almost a year now, precisely on December 7th.

Before my Pixel, I had a Motorola Moto G6 on AT&T. I used to receive alerts on there.

It's now November 30th, 2020, and on my Pixel, I have never received ONE emergency alert. This is unacceptable. I know people around me, such as family and friends, have received several emergency alerts.

This occurred upon switching to Verizon and to a new phone.

I have already contacted Google Support, and I was emailing them back and forth. We finally concluded that I'd get support from Verizon, because it does seem as if it's a Verizon issue, as I have all emergency alert settings enabled on my phone.

Do you have to activate emergency alerts in the My Verizon app? I'm extremely confused and this is, like I mentioned, unacceptable. I must be receiving emergency alerts in the event of a life-threatening situation.

Has anyone else in the community been experiencing this issue with Verizon or a Pixel?

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Re: No Emergency Alerts on Pixel 4 XL
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

I don't receive a lot of emergency alerts on my Pixel 4XL, but have received a few (or more).

0 Likes
DanielJGreff
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Scott5337 wrote:

I don't receive a lot of emergency alerts on my Pixel 4XL, but have received a few (or more).

Hm. It must be on my end, then. Thank you for your response!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DanielJGreff, we're concerned to learn that you're not getting Emergency Alerts, and we'd love to help. Please send us a private note to better assist. 

UbaldoJ_VZW