Oreo Android 8 update has caused issues with my phones microphone, speaker, and random reboots or lock ups
DWALL69

After the Android updated to Oreo on my Pixel i have experienced issues with my microphone not working, my speaker ( both of them ) not working along with random reboots and locked phone.

I have factory defaulted the device, removed all apps that I have installed but the problem persists

A reboot of the phone will normally allow things to work for a short time

If I try to use the Google Assistant or Voice to Text options it normally causes the issue to occur right away which is normally a reboot or a lock.

I've stopped into a Verizon store but they were unable to help me and since I can not go back to version 7 I have to just live with it.

Thank you for any help or suggestions I should try.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Oreo Android 8 update has caused issues with my phones microphone, speaker, and random reboots or lock ups
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your phone is important and we want to make sure it is working as needed. We are aware of the issues with the newly released update for Oreo and are working to find a resolution with Google. However, it is suggested that you complete the factory reset without restoring your device from your previous backup. Once you have completed this please test your device to see if you are still having the same issues. Update us on your results once completed.

Verizon_Customer_Serivce

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the *Correct Answer* button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Oreo Android 8 update has caused issues with my phones microphone, speaker, and random reboots or lock ups
DWALL69

As requested, I performed another factory reset on the phone and let it

only install the "default" apps it required.

I then let it go for the day and I did not have any lockups or reboots

this time

A couple of slow downs but not to bad .. could have been caching things

since I wiped it all out

I am a big 'hangout' user and by default that is not enabled  ...

trying to give Allo a chance again

I'll start adding one app at a time and see if I can find what is

causing the issues, or maybe the last reset finally cleared any

corruption in the cache

Donovan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
DWALL69, we thank you for keeping us up to date. You've done a great job of troubleshooting with your device! Software updates for any device are intended to enhance its performance, not cause the user to be inconvenienced. We certainly want to make sure your Pixel Smartphone works correctly at all times, as it's a fantastic device.

We're always here to assist our valued customers anytime. We thank you for your time, patience, and troubleshooting assistance too. Please continue to keep us updated. 

RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes