Pixel 2 XL only charges to 99%
dandiane
Enthusiast - Level 2

Should I worry if my brand new Pixel 2 XL only charges to 99%? I am using the charger that came with the phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 2 XL only charges to 99%
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to fully charge your phone, dandiane. Let's look into this. When did this start? Is there any physical/liquid damage?

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dandiane
Enthusiast - Level 2

zangy_vzw Thanks for your response. This started day one. There does not appear to be any damage and I did not damage the phone. I love this Pixel 2 XL and have been really happy with it so far. I just worry that something is wrong with the battery if it stops at 99%. I charge the phone at night while I am asleep so I do not see the percentage until 6-7 hours later. Do you think that is the problem ... being plugged in all night?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to know that there isn’t any damage to the phone, dandiane. We certainly want you to continue to love the Pixel 2 XL. I don’t believe it is a problem that you are leaving it plugged in all night. I would like for you to run a test on your phone. It is called the Device Health Check. To learn how visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/. Please report back anything you may find that has a red or yellow exclamation point.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dandiane
Enthusiast - Level 2

tionnab_vzw The Device Health Check reveals red exclamation point on Performance and yellow on Battery. The Performance link shows an app that is preventing sleep mode so that is just a battery drain, right? Then the yellow on Battery shows Location services turned on, which again is just battery usage ... and it shows Screen Timeout issues (which I don't understand the issue). My screen timeout is short because I thought that was battery savings. Significance events shows high screen usage ... well yes, I use the phone a lot! The Charger information says charger is good.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you checking that out for us dandiane. I probably would be a little concerned if my phone only charged to 99% too. To clarify, are you using the original charger that came with phone. Which app is showing that it is preventing sleep mode? Have you tired to uninstall that app?

ErinW_VW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dandiane
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am using the original charger.  The app preventing sleep mode is Mario Jump and no, I did not uninstall the app. Would that prevent the phone from fully charging?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to work with Google directly to RMA your phone and get a replacement under warranty.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes