Pixel 3 xl visual voicemail
Jpmorris
Enthusiast - Level 1

Greetings, seen many, many posts about the issue, visual voicemail not working on the Pixel 3 xl....yet to find a resolution. Have followed suggestions and instructions on setting it up under settings etc all with no success. So Verizon, fix this issue, now. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 3 xl visual voicemail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What exactly have you tried? 

The visual voicemail on the Pixel phones is through the phone dialer application and is turned on through that application's settings. You also need to have the visual voicemail feature removed from your line in your MyVerizon account online. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jpmorris
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried  everything I've found online and through community boards. Just discovered 7 messages I had no idea I had. No notifications, nothing. I've gone into the phone app, pressed the 3 dots etc etc ..tells me it's setting up but nothing happens. Checked to see if my own number was blocked, as that seemed to have been an issue with others, mine was not blocked. Going to have to go to a Verizon store and this is pretty poor on Google's part...lived my Pixel 1 and 2 but this one is rapidly making consider other devices...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do apologize for the issues with voicemail you've experienced. Voicemail is a very important feature and we will do everything to help. We want to gather more information on the issues you experience. When did this problem begin? Are you in a location with good Verizon Wireless LTE coverage when it is set up? Could you please follow the steps listed on the link attached and make sure your device has the latest software? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/google-pixel-3-xl-update/  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
DigitallyAffected

What do you mean: "You also need to have the visual voicemail feature removed from your line in your MyVerizon account online." 

Should this not be enabled to allow Visual Voicemail on your device? Or is this similar to Apple where it is handled on the backend by Google?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Pixel phones handle visual voicemail differently from other phones that had the Verizon Visual Voicemail application. I noted the method in my previous post. To answer your question, yes, it basically handled in similar manner as the Apple phones. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SSandraA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the not working voicemail is making me changing vendors and phone.  I called serveral times for the same problem.  I tried to us chat and wait, wait and get disconnected.  It's not working.

0 Likes
phonejill2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Important Note that is well-hidden by Verizon:

PREPAID customers may not have Visual Voicemail (at any price).

I changed from a post-paid to a pre-paid plan with Verizon and this was the only downside.

I have no idea why VZW won't even sell the service to me, let alone provide it as standard... it makes no sense.

I use a Pixel 3 and watched the feature disappear from the default Google app for phone calls/ voicemail after I made the switch.

Hopefully, this saves others the frustration of trying to figure out 'where it is' - if you're on a prepaid account... it ain't anywhere!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is noted in Item 4 under General information of the Visual Voicemail FAQs. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/visual-voice-mail-faqs/

0 Likes