Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Pixel XL Call drops after a few seconds with no network connection?
alaBAI31

I have been experiencing a lot of dropped calls after a few seconds of connecting a call. When I look at my bars there are none and no network connection.  Then after a few more seconds the bars reappear and I can make my call without problems.  This is getting annoying.  Just wondering if any others are experiencing this same issue or is it my phone?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel XL Call drops after a few seconds with no network connection?
supreme81

Same problem here. Tired of it. Google should have had Fisher Price make Pixel, better results probably.

0 Likes
Jace18

Same here.  Dropping calls at random times.  I'm on my replacement pixel and still having the same issues.  I did switch my cellular network from global to lte/cdma and turned off HD calling.  My calls are better but I don't have internet for a good chunk of time.  I also tried getting a new sim as well as doing a factory reset, but that still have me dropped calls.  Only thing working is what I mentioned earlier. I hope this gets fixed soon.

0 Likes
sfernandez

I'm sorry to hear that you've tried all of those methods and after still

having those issues. I replaced my SIM and my issue was fixed.

Scott

0 Likes
Donatello5150

I am having the same problem. Verizon replace my sim and phone. no help.

I have the Bluetooth shut off now, and its been a whole 24hrs since i had a problem. Can anyone else say the same?.. grasping at straws

0 Likes
xip080

I was having the same problem, where my signal would drop from full to nothing (like a hollow signal indicator) and drop calls and anything else I'm doing. It could happen anywhere but was most common in specific geographical areas, I think around specific cell towers. Replacing my SIM didn't fix it. After beating my head against the problem for a long time and working with Verizon and Google support, I finally found a workaround on the Google product forums that fixed the problem. Go to:

Settings > Wireless & Networks > More > Cellular networks > Disable Advanced Calling

I hope they fix it soon, because I liked the Advanced Calling features, but for now I'm happy to have a stable signal again.

0 Likes
xip080

Update: Disabling Advanced Calling helped the problem but didn't completely fix it.

I talked to Verizon today, and they said they are aware of the problem and there should be a fix soon.

0 Likes
Fmalory

I have had all the same issues VZW is currently shipping my 4th Pixel Xl 128 silver. This is a joke. Everytime I call they want to troubleshoot it, and last night I refused. If they forced my Note 7 out of my hand please have a device that will compatibility replace it.

0 Likes
sfernandez

I spoke too soon. I was issued a refurbished phone as my second Pixel XL. I am currently in VZW seeing what can be done about this issue.

0 Likes
MattAndroidWarrior

I too have had this problem.  It seems to not be as bad the last few days. But, it's too soon to tell at this point.

0 Likes