Pixell 4XL My Verizon Health Check indicates phone has been rooted
ROBCRO23

I recently ran the Device Health check in the My Verizon App on my Google Pixel 4XL and it is telling me that the phone has been rooted.  The problem is that I have never rooted the phone.  What is causing the health check to tell me the phone has been rooted?  Also is the phone being rooted a problem?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixell 4XL My Verizon Health Check indicates phone has been rooted
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBCRO23, thank you for using the Health Check app, which can help clear many issues. I would be concerned about the rooting notification as well. We are here to assist. Rooting refers to modifying the software in the device, which can void the warranty. Where was the phone purchased? Have you completed the Health Check in the past without the rooting notification? 

0 Likes
ROBCRO23

I purchased the phone from Verizon 9 months ago.  I run the health check at least once a month since getting the phone and it just recently started showing that the phone was rooted.  

0 Likes
ROBCRO23

After some research I found that the Verizon Digital Secure app is causing the issue.  When I uninstall the app I no longer see the device has been rooted error.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome! We are super happy to see that the device is no longer showing the rooted error after uninstalling the app. We will definitely use that information if we encounter this problem in the future. Just to be sure, is everything working correctly with your device? - Vic

0 Likes