STILL not receiving correct Pixel promotion
DocProc29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone else had trouble with Verizon honoring the promotion for a free Google Pixel with a qualifying trade in?

I originally ordered my Pixel on December 21st and the promotion started on December 16th according to this press release. Prior to the free promotion, Verizon was offering the Pixel for $10/month. With the new promotion, it was $10/month without a trade in and FREE with a qualifying trade in. I traded in my Galaxy S7 from AT&T, which is listed under the phones that qualify. I started receiving the promotion credits a few months ago, but they are charging me $10/month for the phone instead of it being free. I have received my Visa gift card for the trade in (after having to inquire about that too - it arrived 2 months after the date they originally told me) and everything was completed just fine based on what I received via email, so I know that there were no issues with the phone that was traded in.

Every single time I have contacted someone from customer service (a total of AT LEAST 5 times since my promotion credits started showing up on my account), they initially deny that any such promotion existed and that the only one they offered was the $10/month promotion for the Pixel, regardless of a trade in. It isn't until I show them and/or reference the press release that they suddenly begin trying to help me (typically about 15-20 minutes into the conversation). I've been told that they submitted a ticket (this was months ago), but nothing has happened. No changes to my account and no credits whatsoever. When I asked about this a few weeks ago, the person on the chat "guaranteed" that I would receive the credits on my next bill. She wouldn't give me any other details other than she "guaranteed" it. I even told her that I have heard that word used before only to be disappointed and having to contact customer service again. She repeated that it was "guaranteed" that I would receive it. Of course, no credits showed up on my statement that came in a few days ago and I don't know what else to do. I feel like I'm just being fed a bunch of BS every time just so they don't have to deal with it any more. And for the record: I've been nothing but polite to the customer service reps and have even been naive in thinking things would actually get resolved each time. I'm getting fed up at this point.

Sorry for the long story, but I really don't know what to do at this point, especially when they try to pretend the promotion didn't even exist until I show them proof! After having AT&T service for more than 10 years and was even employed by them for 3 and a half years, I figured I'd ignore all the talk about bad customer service and go for it with Verizon since they had such a great promotion on a phone I wanted (the Pixel - which was exclusive to Verizon anyway). I cannot even begin to express how disappointed I am in them.

Any advice on how to tackle this matter and finally get it resolved, I'm all ears!

Labels (2)
Re: STILL not receiving correct Pixel promotion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a new customer of ours, this is definitely not the experience we want you to have. We understand he importance of getting all promotions that were offered to you at the time you purchased your phone DocProc29. Where did you purchase the device? Was this done in a corporate store location or an indirect (third party) store location?

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
DocProc29
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate the concern and response. I purchased it through Verizon customer service over the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for clarifying DocPro29. So that I can get a closer look into the situation, I will be sending you a private message to further assist.  

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DocProc29
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure if I've just been given up on or if it was due to the weekend, but I'd like to point out that this issue has still not been resolved. I could wait on the results of the recently submitted ticket, but that has already been done a few times before for this same issue so forgive me for being skeptical...

The credit amount on my account should be $27.08, which is the full monthly cost of the Pixel that I ordered. I am currently receiving $17/month. I've been repeatedly told that I am receiving a $17/month credit, as if that is supposed to answer my question. I am fully aware of what credits I am already receiving. The issue is that the credit amount is incorrect. I am missing $10.08 from each bill since the phone was activated ($27.08 - $17 = $10.08).

I am planning on switching another line over to this account from AT&T, but will not do so until this is corrected as I do not want to make any changes on the account that may somehow cause confusion in dealing with the current issue (I know it wouldn't directly affect it, but you'd be surprised at what I've had to deal with since I switched to Verizon - the fewer the changes, the better. Heck, I even had one person mistake my bill payment for a credit on my account from Verizon until I had to prove to them otherwise).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DocProc29, we appreciate your patience and cooperation while we work on this for you. When trading in a qualifying device, it must be in good working and cosmetic condition. The amount awarded is based on the condition of your phone. A device is considered to be in Good Working Condition when it can turn on/off, the LCD screen is free of cracks and functioning correctly. Additionally, the device and connecting ports are free of visible corrosion and water damage, the battery is present, the device and charging ports are free of cracks, dents and are not missing any pieces or chunks. Does your device meet this requirement?

We look forward to adding another line to your account.  You mentioned that we submitted a request to correct the promotional amount applied to your account every month. The request will be reviewed by our promotions team to determine your eligibility. Were you advised why the additional amount was not added?

0 Likes
DocProc29
Enthusiast - Level 2

To be quite honest, I'm not sure what to make of your response. Please read my original post or to check my account to see if a trade in was completed. It is VERY common in dealing with VZW customer care that representatives do not listen to my actual explanation of the problem and choose to make assumptions. They also ask questions that I already previously answered in the same chat/conversation. I'm disappointed that that is also happening here.

As you can see above, I stated that my trade in was processed and completed with no issues. I was given the full trade in value for the phone. This is a direct quote from my original post: "and everything was completed just fine based on what I received via email, so I know that there were no issues with the phone that was traded in."

If you need my submission ID, it is [removed] in case you are unable to look it up and simply don't believe me. I worked for another carrier less than a year ago. I am very familiar with how the process works. The eligibility of the trade in should not be a problem.

And to answer your last question: no, I was not advised. In fact, I have yet to be advised regarding any of the tickets that have been submitted since my first inquiry back in mid March, which is why I continue to contact Verizon as it appears nothing is actually getting done to try and resolve this issue.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DocProc29, I totally agree that the response you received didn't help the situation. I apologize for that. I did thoroughly research this promotion for you and there was only one during the timeframe you provided. That required you to trade in the Galaxy S7 in order to receive a monthly discount of $17.00 There was no promotion that would have given the Google Pixel for free. You also said that received a gift card. What was that for?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Proof. Last-minute gift buyers rejoice! Get all of the best phones - including Verizon exclusives - on the ... Look at it.

More proof. https://web.archive.org/web/20161220124012/https://www.verizonwireless.com/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DocProc29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, Ann154. I'm still amazed that I'm being told that the promotion didn't exist even though I have provided proof each time.

0 Likes