Screen size question
JCONNOR68

I am familliarizing myself with screen size vs. aspect ratio, etc. I am looking for the widest phone with biggest total area (I don't like these taller/narrower phones).  I currectly have a note 4.  My question is when I see that the Pixel 2XL is 6.22x3.02, is that the viewable screen area or does that measurement include the entire phone (in which case the screen/body size would need to be considered I think)?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screen size question
stef7
Master - Level 2

I think that is the total size of the phone, i.e. the viewing area is going to actually be less than 6.22x3.02.

See the image here:

Pixel 2 Tech Specs - Google Store

I guess you can estimate the actual size of the LCD itself, knowing the unit is 6.0" on the diagonal, and the aspect ratio / horizontal / vertical pixels.

Note: there are reports of screen burn in with the 2XL, and some other screen issues that people are dealing with at them moment.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I think that is the total size of the phone, i.e. the viewing area is going to actually be less than 6.22x3.02.

See the image here:

Pixel 2 Tech Specs - Google Store

I guess you can estimate the actual size of the LCD itself, knowing the unit is 6.0" on the diagonal, and the aspect ratio / horizontal / vertical pixels.

Note: there are reports of screen burn in with the 2XL, and some other screen issues that people are dealing with at them moment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JCONNOR68, screen size is also important to me as I also use the Note 4. We will provide some additional details about the Pixel 2XL. According to the specs the phone has the following screen size: 6.0” Display type: pOLEDResolution/ PPI: 2880 x 1440 / 538 (QHD+) w/ rounded corners (radius = 4mm) Follow this link for complete details: http://spr.ly/65868CefI* (Scroll to bottom of screen)

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes