So many problems
jebenn

I upgraded to the Pixel 3 because the Pixel 2 was simply incredible, so I assumed the 3 would be just as good.  I was so incredibly wrong.  I'm going on to my 5th replacement since October due to various issues with the phone.  Normally, I understand having one or two issues because technology isn't perfect, but 5 phones in less than a year is a little ridiculous.  Verizon seems to use their "recertified" devices that were likely just cleaned up and shipped back out with whatever existing issues they had.  

The thing that got me most was my 70+ minute call into tech support tonight.  The first person I spoke with had to escalate me to Tier 2, which is understandable.  I then spoke with a Tier 2 rep that said he had to escalate me and put me on hold for somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes.  After a bit, another rep picked up with no knowledge of my call.  It seems that I was just dumped back into the queue for whatever reason.

The next rep I spoke with advised that I couldn't do another replacement because there's a limit of 3 replacement devices.  He said I would need to have it replaced in the store, and that they could even change devices since I've had so much trouble with this phone.  When I arrived at the store, the person there told me that was incorrect and they would only be able to mail me the same device.  I spent about an hour going to the store, to only be told they can only mail me the same device and that I was given incorrect information.

Based on this whole experience, I'm really tempted to just cancel the entire account and move to another carrier.  I'm beginning to feel that Verizon doesn't really care about any of their customers and their reps give you as much of a run-around as they can.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: So many problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jebenn, we are concerned to hear that you have ad so many issues with your new device. The latest devices should be the best, and we would never want you to have issues with it. Are you having the same issue wth every replacement you get? Could you please provide more detail on the issue you are havig, so we can better assist?   EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
jebenn

It's always something different it seems like.

The first device had a defective camera, so it was replaced.

The 2nd device had bluetooth connectivity issues, so that was replaced as well.

The third device power-cycled itself at random times (even during a reset), so it was replaced.

Currently on my 4th (and awaiting my 5th) which the biggest concern is that it overheats constantly (along with poor battery life).  

I was told by tier 2 that they'd replace or move me to a different model in store, so I went in only to be told that information wasn't correct.  They said they have to mail me a replacement and it could only be the same device.  Keep in mind, this is all since October when I purchased the first one in the store.

0 Likes
jebenn

Now, in the short time since my last post, I have received two more replacements with a third on the way. It really seems like Verizon has no sort of quality control on their replacements, and just reach into a random untested pile to seen he whatever they pick out to unsuspecting subscribers.

The first replacement has scratches all over the screen along with some sort of damage either to the digitizer or the pixels themselves.

Today I received the replacement to that device, and the screen is scratched/marred on the same spot (top right corner).

This is going to be my 8th phone since October, which is seriously unacceptable since the service costs so much more than any other carrier.

I'm pretty close to cancelling most of my account and taking the business to Tmobile. I guess Friday's replacement will determine what happens and if Verizon can finally get something right.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would hate to see you go, jebenn. Please let us know the results of this replacement and let us know if this helps. CecileC_VZW

0 Likes