Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
System update issues
BIGANT2010
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone have a problem installing the latest system update??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: System update issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I didn't, but I have a Pixel not a Pixel 2.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to ensure you are able to successfully install the most recent update, BIGANT2010. What did you experience when attempting to install the update? What is the current software version that you have installed when checking Settings>System>About Phone> Android Version, Baseband version, and build number?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BIGANT2010
Enthusiast - Level 3

8.1.0 is the current software.  It tries to install update and does the same thing all the time. It just says "Couldn't install update" . This has been going on for a week

BIGANT2010
Enthusiast - Level 3

It also says installing step 1 of 2 then installing problem, couldn't update every time

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have access to the most current software available, BIGANT2010. What is the Make and Model of your device as well?

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
BIGANT2010
Enthusiast - Level 3

Google Pixel 2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BIGANT2010, thanks so much for confirming those details of your device. Not being able to process a software update is very concerning. Please share with me how much storage is available on your device? This can be found under settings>storage.  

RodneyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BIGANT2010
Enthusiast - Level 3

35GB, more than enough storage

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly enough storage, Bigant20. Have you ever been able to do a software update successfully?

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes