Unable to call 1-800 or 1-877 numbers
OPPADJTAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have a Google Pixel and as of this morning I am unable to call toll free numbers. When I dial the number I hear a rapid busy signal. I am able to call and connect to non-toll free numbers. I have restarted my phone and I have powered off my phone and restarted. Numbers that I have tried are: Soicial Security (800-772-1213) and DirectTV/ATT (877-407-4720, 888-388-6683) all have the same result. I was able to call these number last evening. Nothing has changed on my end. Same locatoin.

Labels (2)
Re: Unable to call 1-800 or 1-877 numbers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to call businesses is a must. Lets' get this figured out. What is your zip code? Are any other users experience the same problem with calling 800/877 numbers?

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OPPADJTAN, it would be very challenging to not be able to call these numbers. Let's find out what's going on. What zip code are you at? Do you know if anyone else is having issues there? What happens when you dial our 800-922-0204 number?

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

rcschnoor
Legend

Have you tried dialing without the 1 in front of the 800/877?

OPPADJTAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had to replace SIM card,  thanks.Fairness is about equality of opportunity, not equality of outcomes

0 Likes
Lexyscharmed
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this issue, again! I had it a couple of months ago, you were able to fix it, After great effort, noe the issue has returned. It happened after I updated my iPhone to iOS 13

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll turn this around like it's been turned around before. I'm sorry to learn of the recurring issue. Tell us a little more. What happens when dropping the 1 and calling 800 or 877 straight?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Ttwood2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue with my iPhone 8

anitachadwick

I have the same issue. I have called and was on hold w/your agent forever. I cannot call business numbers off my cell phone. What is going on? Seriously!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here! What is your ZIP Code?

BreannaH_VZW

0 Likes