Unhappy with our phone
DC1967

My husband and I went to the local Verizon store.  My husband was looking to upgrade his phone.  He surprised me by offfering to get me a new phone.  My husband has always had a Sampson Galaxy phone so that was what he was looking to purchase.  The salesman at Verizon talked us into getting the Google Pixel instead.  So we left that day with two new Google Pixels 3.  We have had problems since with the phones.  The phone will drop calls, not ring when a call is coming in and now the latest, I am unable to download an app that my daughter's school uses to communicate with the parents.  We had to go back to Verizon right away because the salesman, who seemed to be more concerned with his comission than helping us, did not help us to activate the phones.  The salesman did not put a sims card in our phones.    My husband has had more problems than me with his phone. My husband went back to the local store twice more in less than a month.  He told them then he was not happy with the phone.  Now we have had these phones for several months and Verizon is unwilling to help us with exchanging the phones.  What are our options, if any?  We are stuck paying for two phones that we are very unhappy with.  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unhappy with our phone
bearone21
Legend

you only get 14 days to make the return.

unfortunate that you didn't get samsung phones but they can have issues as well.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yup, 14 days.  After that no returns or exchanges.

your choice now is to payoff, sell in one of the used cell phone sites, and get a new or used Samsung    

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have all of the problems you list with both my wife’s and my phone. Spent over an hour troubleshooting with Tech support to only get an answer to payoff and get a different device. I think Verizon’s service is subpar at best. I switched from ATT and am sorry I did. Good luck, but I doubt you’ll get anywhere with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us. Having good working devices is a must, and we are here to ensure that is the case. Besides calls being dropped, what other issues are you encountering? Also, how long have you had these devices?  AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

My son and I are both using a Google pixel three XL, and are having none of the problems that you have mentioned. In fact I have left  Samsung with no plans to ever buy a Samsung phone again. 

Some of the problems you mention may be covered under warranty. Warranty covers any defects in manufacturing, that would include software.   

It seems highly unlikely that both phones are defective.   But since you are still under warranty I would suggest going back to a Verizon company store and have them check out the problems, and if it is a defect have them replaced under warranty. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your device. What are the specific issues you're having? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes