Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Using a Pixel 2XL on a different carrier
bseacrist

I replaced my Pixel 2XL with a Pixel 5 a few weeks back and would like to give my 2XL to a friend as one his kids needs a phone. However, I'm on Verizon and he's on Sprint. Is there anything that I/he needs to do other to get it to work, if it can be done, that is. I'm sure he'll need a Sprint SIM card for it but I'm not sure if there's anything else that needs to be done.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Using a Pixel 2XL on a different carrier
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is very thoughtful of you to do that and I am sure it will be appreciated. As long as the phone is unlocked, there would not be anything else that you would need to do with us. However, we cannot guarantee that it will work with an outside carrier even when unlocked as there are a number of factors that can impact this.  Here is more information:

https://www.verizon.com/support/device-locking-faqs/

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is very thoughtful of you to do that and I am sure it will be appreciated. As long as the phone is unlocked, there would not be anything else that you would need to do with us. However, we cannot guarantee that it will work with an outside carrier even when unlocked as there are a number of factors that can impact this.  Here is more information:

https://www.verizon.com/support/device-locking-faqs/

bseacrist

Great! Thanks for the info. 😊

0 Likes