VZ Messaging: Notifications Disappear
Mariebee

I've been pretty unhappy with this phone since I got it, but since the Google 9 update my apps in use and text notifications disappear at random now.

VZ  Messaging decides to close lock screen and drop down screen notifications at random. Usually I'll see it, but check this or that then notice it's gone. But sometimes, like last night, I heard a ciupco come in as I was going to sleep, and woke up to check who it was and there was nothing. I mean, there was my Bible reading reminder, emails, dating app notifications, but no texts.

So I opened VZ Messaging and of course there WERE several texts! So, why no notification at all now?

Also, very often I won't get a text until multiple texts come in. I knew this was the case, but it's been proven while standing next to friends getting group messages, and u won't get them until ten minutes later when there are a ton and I missed necessary details, like someone is at my door waiting for me to come down!!

Clearly I'll have to use a 3rd 3rd party app since your own service can't properly delivery your own texts. And don't tell me it's Google or the phone. Dating app notifications will sick around after a full restart! So I know it's only YOUR APP/SERVICE.

Another issue since they update: I keep  severalsever open, but the phone now decides to close them when I've been away for a while (like a half hour!), which is particularly annoying when I'm in the middle of a podcast or audiobook and can't get back to it without going back to the main screen. Or looking for a note but you decided to I didn't need notes open anymore.

Please send fixes for these issues or let me return this piece of garbage. I don't appreciate paying more than ever for a thing that doesn't do what I'm paying it to do.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Messaging: Notifications Disappear
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be equally upset if my phone did not notify me when messages come to my phone Mariebee. Texting is crucial this day in age. I am sure we will figure out what is going on with the app and get it fixed. We will also look into your phone closing certain apps. We will work on one issue at a time. If you use the messaging app that came with the phone do you have any issues with notifications? Is anyone else having this issue? Does this issue happen at a different location?

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bdawg12

Im also experiencing the above issues with text message notifications disappearing with  not solution even after clearing cache

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What messaging application are you having this issue with? What troubleshooting steps have you attempted since you started to have this issue? When did you first start to notice this problem?

FranciscoP_VZW

0 Likes