VZW AVS Foreground Service Persistent Notification and App Performance Issues
LBSVA

I have a Pixel 3a and yesterday I started getting a persistent notification from "My Verizon Services" that says "Network Operator - Started the AVS Foreground Service". Ever since this notification started, I cannot access most of my apps on wifi, although they work over the cellular network. It is not a problem with my wifi as I have tested two laptops, an iPad and other phones in the house and no other devices are having this wifi connection issue. Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW AVS Foreground Service Persistent Notification and App Performance Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have a fully functioning phone at all times, LBSVA. I see you posted this a couple days ago. Is this still happening? 

If so, please try Forgetting The Network, (WiFi Network), and then restart your phone. Let's see if this helps. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: VZW AVS Foreground Service Persistent Notification and App Performance Issues
LBSVA

The notification stopped on its own, but I'm still have issues with my phone - and no other devices - on Wifi

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad the message stopped, but sad that the phone still has issues on Wi-Fi. Have you tried resetting the network settings of the phone? https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-224340/

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
hmwiegele

I have a pixel 1 & I just started having this exact same problem!

I just reset my network settings & restarted my phone & it didn't help at all

0 Likes
nousername84232

This "AVS Foreground Service" just started for me today on a Pixel 3 XL also, and worse, the phone is incredibly laggy now too when I try to unlock it - it takes 5 to 30 seconds or more to get the screen to turn back on and give me the option to log into it when I either use the fingerprint scanner or the power button tap to initiate the unlock, where it used to be practically instantaneous. I also completed the "Reset Network Settings" procedures and rebooted the device, but still have the same problem. 

What was the purpose of resetting the network settings? That's a pretty destructive act to recommend if it's not actually fixing a problem.

0 Likes
LBSVA

For what it's worth, this went on for me for about 2 weeks and then stopped as suddenly as it started. None of the troubleshooting I did fixed the problem. I wish you luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure that you have a fully working device is critical, and we want to find out what's going on. The network settings reset was recommended to the original poster, as they mentioned that they were unable to use their apps on Wi-Fi. However, in your case this wouldn't be necessary as no such thing is happening. Please tell us, are all your apps and device software fully up to date? How were you using your device before you started receiving the "AVS Foregound Service" message on your phone?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
charteroak

Just started getting this message on my Pixel 5 "Syncing network operator services in the background" and having trouble accessing some apps since it started. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to ensure you are able to access your apps. Is your device software up to date? Have you tried restarting your device? ~Christian

0 Likes