Virus
DONSMI43

Has anyone been alerted that the artemis!a57dfe0f0d56 virus was detected iin com.customermobile.preload.vzw . I was alerted by McAfee Mobile after the upgrade to Android PIe  today.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Virus
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DONSMI43

I have the Google Pixel

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I updated my Pixel to Android Pie about a week ago and I didn't get any similar notification. It might related to an application you have installed that I don't have.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I use Avast! AV on my Google Pixel, and I did the update to Pie yesterday without incident, or any notification of a virus.

I did find this on the McAfee site: 

McAfee software uses our Global Threat Intelligence (GTI, formerly Artemis) technology for enhanced detection of unknown threats based on the behavior of the file.

Artemis is included in the detection name for any file that is quarantined or blocked by GTI. Artemis in this case is not the name of a virus or malware; it indicates that something else was quarantined or blocked by GTI

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DONSMI43, getting a positive detection of a potential virus is never what I would want either so I can understand the concern over the message. I'll be glad to help in any way possible so you can clear the detection/virus. Please reference the link below on running a Device Health Check through your My Verizon app. This can help pick up any suspicious apps or settings that may require attention. http://spr.ly/6589Da5rl

You may also download our own Verizon Security & Privacy app to help determine what the virus would be and remove it from your Google Pixel. Our Security & Privacy app is also powered by McAfee. I hope this information helps and please keep us posted on any changes/results. http://spr.ly/6580Da5rm

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes