Voice mail icon gone from Pixel phone after declining VZ visual voicemail
hb5fa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Pixel phone.  My voicemail icon got removed after I declined a freaking $3.99 VZ Visual voicemail.  I know that I can dial *86 for my voicemail, but come on!  Really???  You take away my voicemail icon just because I don't want to buy your freaking service?

I thought my plan includes voicemail.  Why am I being forced to pay additional fee for a stupid visual voicemail service that I don't need?  All I want is my basic voicemail shortcut.  How can I get this back?  This is very annoying.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
Re: Voice mail icon gone from Pixel phone after declining VZ visual voicemail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Visual voicemail is incorporated into the phone dialer application on the Pixel phones. Can you use that?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hb5fa, easy access to your messages is important. There are always options available. For your phone, you may simply go to the phone dialer and press and hold the 1 to dial voicemail. Or, you may follow these steps to get that icon back:

1. Open your device's Phone app phone​.

2. At the top right, tap More More.

3. Tap Settings and then Calls and then Voicemail.

4. Toggle Visual Voicemail OFF then ON.

0 Likes
SUZJAC99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, I tried the above steps, did not get the icon back.

I chatted with Verizon support, they said they couldn't add the icon for me, I should call support.

I called support, they think there's no icon available for Basic Visual Voice Mail.  Only Premium.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Access Basic Visual Voicemail - Phone by Google | Verizon Wireless

Activate Basic Visual Voicemail - Phone by Google | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SUZJAC99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ah, tx, but I wasn't clear.  Voicemail is working, and I do get the little notification icon at the top of the screen.

But, on my old phone, I got the big red icon on my Home screen.  And it showed the number of voicemails I had waiting.

Does anyone know how to get that on the Pixel?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you have now is the basic non-visual voicemail with the icon in the notification bar. The red icon you had on the previous phone isn't available on the Pixel phones because that icon was for the Verizon Visual Voicemail application. You can't even install that application on the Pixel phones. The Pixel phones handle the visual voicemail differently. Google worked with Verizon Wireless to have the Visual Voicemail integrated into the dialer application. You need to going into the dialer application and activate it. Once activated,it will be another tab screen in the dialer application. The links above show you how to set it up.

0 Likes
Ivanbeggs
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no "more more.". However there is being sent from one screen to another.  Verizon wants $4.00 per month for Visual Voicemail.  Decline and the simple voicemail like Verizon competitors is gone.  Gone.  All that is left is a runaround.  Poor engineering and customer service.  An underhanded sales gimmick.

MicheleH101
Enthusiast - Level 1

THIS GAVE ME BACK MY VOICEMAIL ICON.  It's terrible, though, that I needed this much help to get it back--it should never have been set up to disappear.