Who else got hosed with Pixel 6 Pro pre-order?
kddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I could have ordered a Pixel 6 Pro from Amazon and had it in 3 days.  I thought I'd trust Verizon and take advantage of their trade in deal.  TERRIBLE MISTAKE!!!  After waiting for a month the "expected shipping date" changed.  Today, I get an email that says the next estimated shipping date is January 7, 2022! This is a load of junk!  Verizon was quick to shove their arm elbow deep into my pocket and yank out the pre-order money a hot minute after the order was placed.  I think they should give a credit that is prorated by day for every day past your originally promised shipping date.  I called them yesterday to get an update and was LIED to.  Samantha, the service rep for Verizon said my phone would ship today.  NOPE.  Got a "we can't help it, we sold more than we could deliver".  Verizon, you are going to lose this long time customer over this one.

Labels (1)
Re: Who else got hosed with Pixel 6 Pro pre-order?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kddogg, we know phones like the Pixel 6 Pro are very popular and we're sorry for the delay in the shipping. If you'd like to take a look at any updates for the order, here's a great link to start. This way you ready when the package arrives. https://www.verizon.com/od/cust/orderStatusIndex#/ -Alex

0 Likes
kddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

You sold something out of stock, you knew you couldn't fill the orders and lied to us.  That is not "whoops", it was deliberate and not trustworthy or the right way to treat your loyal customers.  Out of stock is understandable.  Lying three times about when you can fill the order is not.

0 Likes
Tanbark

I ordered 10/20. Ship date delayed once to 11/11. Called today (12/2) to see whats going on. Rep said it was placed on back-order, but actually the phone isn't back-ordered and my order is "stuck". She said we should cancel and re-order it and it will ship immediately. Sweet! She canceled and re-ordered and now the order is showing Jan 7th!! Oh man, keystone cops. An now they refuse to fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tanbark, purchasing a phone is supposed to be a seamless process and I am honestly sorry that you have had anything but this.  We should always set the proper expectations and I have sent up feedback about the information that was provided.  When it comes to device shipping, there are several factors on the ship dates.  The ship dates vary depending on size and color.  I do sincerely apologize and we are unable to change any shipment dates.  This is all based on our inventory and what we are expecting the manufacturer sending us devices to ship out.  I have checked and there are several different sizes and colors that are completely out of stock and have delayed shipping.  If we had a way to send you your device sooner, I want you to know we would.  I also want to set the expectation that when we provide an estimated shipping date it can process before that date.  The date of 01/07/2022 is an estimate. -Santo

0 Likes
Tanbark

Yes but you do realize that Verizon made a mistake that instantly moved the ship date from 12/23 to 1/7. Why can't you at a minimum, move it back?!!

0 Likes
kddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's the update.  I left Verizon for another carrier over this.  I cancelled my preorder which was continually getting delayed since October, which as of today's status, would not have been delivered before 1/9/22 at the earliest.  With the new carrier, I have my phone, with tracking number being delivered on 12/13/21.

I think I made a great choice after the lack of customer service or care.

Good luck to the preorders that are getting delayed.

cudcon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a bad experience with my pre order also. I ordered Oct 20th with a deliv date of Nov 30.  Talked to someone on Dec 2nd and I was told Jan 14. The web site was saying Jan 13 for the same phone.  Both Google and Verizon really messed this one up. Worse nothing offered to make this right.  My son just got a job at ATT and he is going to get me on his plan as soon as he can and I have decided to go Apple instead. Because of this blunder Verizon lost a 11 year customer and Pixel lost my service. This would of been my 3rd Pixel.    

0 Likes