Your call cannot be completed as the called party is temporarily unavailable
KAMack7007
Enthusiast - Level 1

What does this message mean? I'm calling a hotel

Labels (1)
Re: Your call cannot be completed as the called party is temporarily unavailable
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KAMack7007,

We know how important it is that you are able to place and receive your calls. What happens when you attempt to dial other numbers? What happens when you use a different phone to call this particular number?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Your call cannot be completed as the called party is temporarily unavailable
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Generally, that means the number dialed is routed to a line/device that is not able to receive a call.  It could be the number is invalid, the device is powered off, there are no circuits to terminate the call (if a land line), etc.  Does the hotel have other numbers, e.g. an 800 number that you can try?  Could be they have a PBX (I'm showing my age) or other system for taking calls that is having issues.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
bill4501
Enthusiast - Level 1

In my case, there is only one number listed for the hotel - no 800 number. The answers so far are not very helpful. Are you saying that the problem is Verizon's and/or its equipment? If so, please say so.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bill4501, we definitely want to get to the bottom of this issue as quickly as possible. We are sorry to learn that none of the answers have helped you so far, but I am here to help. What happens when you make this calls? Do you also receive this error message? What happens when you dial another number? What is the make and model of your device?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
FortyTwo
Enthusiast - Level 1

For me, this problem seems to be only related to 800 numbers, including credit and bank support, my health insurance company.  They have not been able to find the problem either.  These are legit numbers for these companies, and they have worked for me in the past.  I have a months old ticket with no resolution.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are still having this issue, and we would like to get more information. Does this happen everytime you call these numbers? Did anything change from the time you were able to call the numbers, such as a new device or an update for the device?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
vyroubal
Enthusiast - Level 1

i get this message today whole day calling different numbers

jav6
Champion - Level 3

If it is happening to multiple numbers, would appear to be a network issue, maybe local to your service.   Are you making cell network calls or WiFi calls?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vyroubal, keeping you connected with calls is important to ensure that you have a good experience. We are here to assist. jav6 asked some great questions. Please let us know your responses. How are other services, such as text and data working? Are you able to receive calls?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes