notifications that my phone can't reach the network
dondon11
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using wifi calling and i keep getting the notification that my phone can't reach the network.   

Any way to stop this?  

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: notifications that my phone can't reach the network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, dondon11. I can certainly understand how much of a nuisance an alert like that can be. How often does the alert come up? You mentioned that you are on Wi-Fi calling when it happens, does the alert come up during certain actions, such as during an actual call?

Verizon_Customer_Serivce

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the *Correct Answer* button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dondon11
Enthusiast - Level 3

it only happens when do not have the Verizon network at home.  No problem at work or other places that have a good Verizon signal.   That is why i am set up for wifi calling.  Signal strength is extremely weak or non-existent at m home.   All the time at home even while on calls.  Of course, the calls are wifi so I just hear the beep in the background from the notification that the phone can not reach the network, but that is why i use wifi calling.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see how much of a hassle this can be for you, dondon11. Due to signal issues within your home your device is unable to connect to the network. Due to this you will have notifications shown on your device stating that. To clarify, are the notifications text messages or pop ups that show on your display?

Verizon_Customer_Serivce

If my response answered your question please click the *Correct Answer* button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dondon11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Normally a pop-up on screen with noise or vibration.

0 Likes
Hetotope
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup same issue, this keeps popping up on my phone screen. Screenshot_20170927-090031.png

It's super annoying and I can't turn the notification off no matter what I do.

dondon11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also to further describe this issue.  My wifi calling works fine.  The issue is just the notification from Verizon.  My wifi and everything works great strong, strong signal.   Of course no VZW network, around me that is terrible.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dondon11,

I can understand your frustration with these notifications. I would be annoyed as well. Let's get a few more details. How long has this been going on? It looks like it may be working as designed. If you would like to contact Google at 855-971-9123, you can ask if there are additional settings that can be adjusted to stop the notifications.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hetotope.

We appreciate your continued partnership with us. What happens (options to disable, clear, etc...) when you long press this notification?

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dondon11
Enthusiast - Level 3

I heard that i might be able to fix this if Verizon allowed us to set Wifi preferred.   Right now only the mobile preferred worked.   Anyway that Verizon can help with this?  

0 Likes