Re: HTC Thunderbolt SMS error
scherin10

i am having the opposite problem. i can send text messages but i am not receiving any back from the person i sent them to. i know this true from one person and she is also a verizon customer. the other person that i have texted and not gotten a reply from, i'm not sure if she got my message to her.

0 Likes
avsnatvsgal

Yep, same problem here. It's been happening for weeks with a couple of different contacts. Didn't seem to matter what type of phone or provider (could be AT&T but not clear on that for sure) I tried everything. Power off, reboot, pull battery, delete contact, edit number removing the +1 etc. I finally did a factory reset and it's working fine now. We will see how long it lasts...

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

avsnatvsgal wrote:

Yep, same problem here. It's been happening for weeks with a couple of different contacts. Didn't seem to matter what type of phone or provider (could be AT&T but not clear on that for sure) I tried everything. Power off, reboot, pull battery, delete contact, edit number removing the +1 etc. I finally did a factory reset and it's working fine now. We will see how long it lasts...

Hi avsnatvsgal! Please do let me know if the factory reset did finally resolve this issue. Thanks!

0 Likes
tknight45

I had this problem, and now i am having a similar problem only the code is 105 and class 2.  Any thoughts?  Do another factory reset?  That gets kind of old after a while.  Does Verizon have this fixed? 

0 Likes
bhinMN

I have the same issues.  Seems most of the issues is from the facebook HTC or facebook installed on the phones.

When I remove myself from facebookk some of the issues go away but I still have issues with some of my contacts.

Some I can take the failed message and FORWARD it and it sends just fine (and the original and forwarded did NOT have a +1 in front)

I don't get it.

HTC, Don't put out a sync program unless you have tested it better.

0 Likes
Not applicable

bhinMN wrote:

I have the same issues.  Seems most of the issues is from the facebook HTC or facebook installed on the phones.

When I remove myself from facebookk some of the issues go away but I still have issues with some of my contacts.

Some I can take the failed message and FORWARD it and it sends just fine (and the original and forwarded did NOT have a +1 in front)

I don't get it.

HTC, Don't put out a sync program unless you have tested it better.

Thanks to the community for your responses.  Are you still having issues with your phone sending messages?  In order to resolve your issue please PM me your mobile telephone number so I can research your account and see what kind of options we have for you? Thanks.

0 Likes
Margo

I have had my Thunderbolt for about 2 months and had no problems with texting. Now, it seems I can't send texts to some of my contacts linked to facebook. The ones I have problems with are T-Mobile and AT&T.  Apparently, they are the only ones whose phone numbers have the "+1" included. Re-sending doesn't help. Is there something I can do short of unlinking these contacts from facebook?

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Margo, 

I understand how frustrating this can be! I can assist you. I would like to thank the community for your contributions as well. 

Facebook contacts are stored with a "1" in front of the number. The sync process is from Facebook to the phone, and not from the phone to Facebook. The way a contact is stored in Facebook is how it is synced to the device. So, what you would want to do is log in to your Facebook and edit the contacts' phone numbers to exclude the "1."

Once this is completed, you will be able to sync the contacts successfully.

Please post back with your results.

Thanks very much, 

0 Likes
siakaw

How do you edit a contact's phone number that they've listed on Facebook? I tried going into my contacts and editing that contact, but the phone won't let me edit the number synced from Facebook, just the one I've inputted which doesn't have the "+1" listed in front of it.

Also, when I'm logged into Facebook, I can't edit the phone number the contact put in their profile. If I should be able to do that, how do I do it?

Thanks!
Kasia

0 Likes
Not applicable

Siakaw, the number that is synced from Facebook is what the user added, so you won't be able to edit those. My suggestion is when you are sending a new text message to make sure the phone is selecting the contact from Google or Phone and not from Facebook to ensure it does not have the +1 in front. 

0 Likes