Powering On and Off
ms_kay

Every time I try turning my phone off, the screen for me to select OFF does not show up. Help!!!

0 Likes
Re: Powering On and Off
Not applicable

Hi ms_kay:

That's definitely a strange issue! Were you ever able to power off your device? If not, try a soft reset on your device. Press and hold the power key on the top right hand side for 10-20 seconds. Power it back on (if it doesn't come on automatically), and retest. If it's unsuccessful, I recommend a factory reset. Please keep us posted on your issue, and let us know what worked/didn't work for you.

Regards,

MikeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ms_kay

Hi Mike,

Well, to my knowledge I thought you can't remove the battery?  I did a factory reset also and I still had the problem. What's my next step after all that ?

Kishack

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you holding down the power button long enough to get a menu with the power and airplane mode options?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ms_kay

Ann154,

Yes, when I hold the button the screen does not show up, but it does shut off. What I need is for that screen to show up.

~ Kay~

0 Likes
Not applicable

You're totally right! I edited my post above to a soft reset. I was working on multiple posts at the same time and put the right steps in the wrong post! Let me know if that works. Do you have any power management apps that you downloaded such as batter savers, etc.? If so, you can try removing those before the master reset which is a last resort.

Thanks,

MikeS_VZW

0 Likes
Not applicable

Also, you may be holding the power button for too long. Try holding for about 5 seconds before releasing. If you hold for 10 seconds, that simulates a battery pull which is why no option to power down comes up.

Keep us posted! Thanks for following up on this.

MikeS_VZW

B33
Legend

Sounds like you need to do a Factory Reset to get things back on line with the phone. there are different ways to achieve this one a trip to the Store they can reset the phone there for ya , Call customer service an go over the F.R. with a C.S.R. or if you have done them in the past do it that way. But taking it to the store would probably be the easiest as they can flash it to reset it to Factory New.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe that the OP mentioned that they already did a factory reset.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Woops   my bad Sorry Ann an to the Poster got in a hoot to post an missed were it was posted on that!  Sorry!

0 Likes