1.9a question or possible move to idea exchange - multi-hub DVR
usshall
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I came across a question that I am not sure if it is an error, oversight or possible something we could put into the idea exchange, but as it related to multi-hub introduced in 1.9 I thought I would ask here first.

I have multi-hub working no issues there, 2 DVRs + 1 STB. They all see all DVR recordings and can play back from choice. If your using the STB and want to record a show you can pick which DVR to use to record it.

Now that is where the question stems from... From the STB  you can choose which DVR to record from. Yet if you are on a DVR it only offers to record on itself, and if you already have 2 recordings scheduled it will ask you which to cancel not offer up the other DVR. If the STB can pick which DVR to use wouldn't it seem fairly straight forward to have that be the option form all boxes including DVRs that basically if you choose to record a show/series/movie, it asks you which one you want to use?

If this works for anyone else where you can choose the DVR to use for recording even from a DVR please let me know, maybe something is not right with mine. If this is an oversight maybe a 1.9b? Or should this move tot eh idea exchange and hope we can get it sooner rather then later.

Thanks,

J Smith

usshall

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 1.9a question or possible move to idea exchange - multi-hub DVR
nascar
Master - Level 1

This was asked for.  Maybe in 1.9.1 next year.

0 Likes
Re: 1.9a question or possible move to idea exchange - multi-hub DVR
grannymay
Have same issue. Alternate solution: my smart phone supports fios remote dvr which allows me to choose which dvr to record to.
0 Likes