Channel Surfing
JBoi1

When scrolling through channels on the 1.9 IMG, when you get to the last channel, you have to go backwards to get to where you started. In the old version, when you reached the highest channel, it scrolled around to the start.  This was MUCH better behavior and I wish it still worked that way. Does anyone know how to make it that way?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Channel Surfing
Justin46
Legend

@JBoi wrote:

When scrolling through channels on the 1.9 IMG, when you get to the last channel, you have to go backwards to get to where you started. In the old version, when you reached the highest channel, it scrolled around to the start.  This was MUCH better behavior and I wish it still worked that way. Does anyone know how to make it that way?

Short answer, no.

For me, in 1.9 the Guide rolls over as you want when viewing the Full Guide but does not when viewing the Guide using a Favorites. Is it the same way for you?

The only "solution" I have found is, if I am at the top of my Favorites list, to enter the address of the lowest channel in the list (ie, for me, I just type in 30 and wait, or type in 0030 to go immediately), and if I am at the bottom of the list I type in the highest channel in the list. Far from the best solution, but since I rarely want to roll over anyway when using the Guide, it has satisfied me.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
JBoi1

Never rolls over. And thanks for the ideas. I've tried them and don't particularly like them. If I'm on my favorites, I just want to end up where I started.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@JBoi wrote:

Never rolls over. And thanks for the ideas. I've tried them and don't particularly like them. If I'm on my favorites, I just want to end up where I started.

Oh I agree with you, the Favorites should roll over, but they don't. And I don't think I said they were "good" ideas, just a way to get around the limitation Smiley Happy

Are you saying that when you switch to the Full Guide that it doesn't roll over? Mine absolutely does, have tested it a number of times, I have no idea why yours would be different.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
JBoi1

No matter what guide I use, the guide never rolls over. When I get to the last channel, i have to go backwards. It's a real pain.

0 Likes