Configuring a Verizon One Phone/DSL/Router from the outside
Dude2013

I have a Verizon One land phone / DSL modem / wireless router in one system.  Normally to configure my router I would go to a private IP address, 192.168.xxx.xxx (default port 80), in a web browser.  However, I am currently out of state and want to access my router from outside my home network.  I have my router's public IP address, but I do not know what port to use.  It's obviously not the default port 80.

Does anyone know what port a Verizon One router uses for configuration via browser using its public IP address?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Configuring a Verizon One Phone/DSL/Router from the outside
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Dude2013 wrote:

I have a Verizon One land phone / DSL modem / wireless router in one system.  Normally to configure my router I would go to a private IP address, 192.168.xxx.xxx (default port 80), in a web browser.  However, I am currently out of state and want to access my router from outside my home network.  I have my router's public IP address, but I do not know what port to use.  It's obviously not the default port 80.

Does anyone know what port a Verizon One router uses for configuration via browser using its public IP address?

You would need to enable remote administration on the router, by default this is disabled.

This is NOT a recommended thing to do.

If you really want to be able to remotely configure the router a better approach wou be to allow RDP access (using a non standard listening port)  to a machine inside your network.

You could then just use the normal private 192.168.x.x address from that desktop to get back to the router.