Connecting Blu Ray with Verizon Router
WolfEdman

I just bought a new Samsung WiFi enabled Blu Ray player.

Samsung - Internet Connectable/Wi-Fi Built-In Blu-ray Disc Player

Model: BDC6500XAA

It is WiFi ready and does not need an adapter.

I attempted to connect it to my home network, which is Verizon FIOS.  I have  Verizon provided router.  I have several devices(8 or 9) on the network and have had no problem connecting any of them.  I use a 26-bit encryption code.

My SSID is Wolfnet.  When I do the BluRay set up, I get a screen that offer automatic connection to the network.  Wolfnet is located.  I input the encrypted ID.  I receive a message back that a physical connection has been made, but that IP is not correct.

So...I went to the set up screen and selected manual input for IP and other parameters.  Noting seems to work.

Anybody else encounter this.  What do I do now?

Attached is a Word Document that contains a photo of the input screen (this may not work)

\When I try to reconnect to WiFi hosts, I can see Wolfnet.  It has an icon indicating that a connection is made.  But when I do system testing, the MAC idea is accepted the but IP/DNS/Gateway test fails.

Anybody have an idea?

I

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Connecting Blu Ray with Verizon Router
HCM2

I have the exact same Blu Ray, use a Mac and have the same problem.  No IP address is found on Auto.  The Mac forums have no answer yet, none on Samsung..can Verizon help?

0 Likes
susieQ14

I have the same problem with an LG TV. I connected my Samsung TV and it works fine but I can not connect the LG TV wirelessly or hard wired. It won't find the ip settings automatically and it does not accept the ones I enter manually. Has anyone figured out why?

Thanks

0 Likes
hankswinge
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem connecting my LG HD TV to my network.  In the end I assigned a fixed ip address and was able to make it work.

ksternberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having no luck gettng an LG Blu Ray player to connect to my home network. Is there a consensus that it's a problem with LG products?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

WolfEdman,

Not sure what your Samsung meant by invalid IP.  I have two samsung blu-ray players (6900 and 7900) and a TV with samsung adapter and they have no trouble connecting using DHCP to assign everything.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

What encryption type are you using? WEP or WPA? 

0 Likes