Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. OR get iPhone 13, on us for a limited time. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Buy now
end of navigation menu
FiOS Channel Guide
SteveUSAF

Please take another look at the updated channel guide. It is a step down from the previous edition and the information panel that appears at the bottom of the screen when changing a channel now blocks 1/3 of the image the viewer is trying to watch.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FiOS Channel Guide
dslr595148
Super User
Super User

Quick quote from http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26387221-IMG-Do-you-like-the-guide-in-IMG-1.9-a-

go into the settings and set the guide to "classic" view. The live TV window will be a bit larger with that view...

Please note I since don't have FIOS, I can't tell you if this will work or NOT.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Channel Guide
Justin46
Legend

@SteveUSAF wrote:

Please take another look at the updated channel guide. It is a step down from the previous edition and the information panel that appears at the bottom of the screen when changing a channel now blocks 1/3 of the image the viewer is trying to watch.

And I view the new Guide as a big, big step forward. All in the eyes of the beholder I guess.

Yes, the channel info bar does cover about 1/3 of the screen and it also stays on the screen far too long (10 seconds for me), steps backwards in my view. I think Verizon is very well aware of this issue and will probably do something to offer customer settings to control the actions of the channel info bar in the future. But I suspect that will not be until they deliver the next level of the IMG, probably 1.9.1, some time in (hopefully) early 2012. In the meantime, you can hit either the Exit button or the FiOS TV button on the remote to remove the info bar immediately (crude, but it works). Also, for some strange reason, occasionally the display time for the info bar will suddenly drop to about 2 seconds, stay that way for an unpredictable length of time, and then go back to the longer interval. Weird....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes