Gateway Not Connecting
angiemcmullen60

The gateway device that I received a couple days ago will not connect! I have used two different Ethernet cords, including the one provided in the setup box, also my son has Verizon home monitoring, and he set his up at home. I had him come here to install it and even he could not get it to work and he works in IT! Something on Verizon's end is not allowing the gateway device to work. I called Verizon and they didn't have a clue on what to do. I even reset the router to default settings and still nothing!

Also my son stated his 2 cameras were working on motion mode to record. He did nothing to them, they were working lastnight up until about Pm, then they stopped recording... The activity log shows that they are activating and "recording" but nothing shows up in the Verizon app or online! FIX!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gateway Not Connecting
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

angiemcmullen60,

Since we haven't heard back from you or received the form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes
cfossella

i cannot get my gateway device to work either and when I call the tech support for it is only there M-F when i will be 2 hours away at work - how can I get this setup immediately?

0 Likes
jfguscg

Hey I have the same issue! 

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Had an issue like this when I first setup my VHM&C. They had to ship me a new Gateway. I guess they recycle equipment and sometimes don't wipe the units. Try to get a hold of Tech-Support (M-F 8am to 10pm). They had mine diagnosed in a few minutes and I had a new Gateway two days later.

0 Likes
duanesutter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I gave the Gateway one more chance (#5) to get the solid green light. After 7 hours overnoght -- still blinking. reset the device once more, tried to connect for 15 minutes and....failed again.  I just got the unit on Friday, bringing it back today (Monday).

Don't bother, it's a waste of money. Let's see if Verizon tries to keep the shipping charges!

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

It may just be that Verizon didn't add your HM&C option to your account so the gateway has no account associated to it yet. You should give it one more try with Tech Support on the line before giving up on the Gateway and sending it all back.

0 Likes