HMC: indoor camera and Pan/Tilt camera
lingling1

Hi,

I have tried to install HMC, including indoor camera and Pan/Tilt camera this weekend. There is no problem to stream or snapshot images from indoor or P/T camera. I have set up triggers of motion detection on both cameras. Once this is triggered, cameras will record images.  But P/T camera does not record any images when I walk in front of it during day or night. Indoor camera sometimes records, sometimes does not record. I guess the indoor camera has bad motion detection which I can understand. However P/T camera never record at all.

Does anyone experience the same situation? Thanks for your help in advance.

Lingling

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HMC: indoor camera and Pan/Tilt camera
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

I don't have a P&T camera (yet) but it should function like the other cameras in the way you setup a Mode.

Make sure that under "SETTINGS" for the cameras you have the Motion Detect set to on and have defined the area on the screen that will be monitored in the "MOTION DETECTION" tab. Again, not having a P&T camera, I'm sure how the detection area is defined since the area can move.

Under the "NOTIFICATIONS" tab, do not select any of the first three options (Motion Detected, Record Start/Stop). You will define these actions in the Mode. If you select these options here and in the Mode, if can cause a conflict, the result being that nothing gets recorded.

Make sure you SAVE your settings before continuing.

Now you can define you Modes. Create a new Mode and select "Triggered Mode". On the left-hand side is a list of devices which will "Trigger" a device or devices, which are listed on the right-hand side.

Select the Camera for this Mode on the left.

Now you may select which device or devices will be affected on the right. Since you are selecting a camera as the trigger, one of the available options is for that camera to record for 30 seconds. Other options are to activate light modules and such, but other cameras are not available to take action. You can however select every light in the house to turn on when the camera detect motion. For now, just select the camera to record.

In the next step, you will define when the Mode will be active (always on, between certain hours or on certain days/dates), the name of the Mode (like "Living Room Camera"), and how you wish to be notified (by email, text, or not at all). Once you complete these options, click SAVE and the Mode is complete.

That's it, you should be good to go.

I have noticed that if more then one camera is activated at any one time, the first recording can be interrupted, corrupted, or deleted and the additional recording never start.

Good luck and please post your results.

0 Likes
lingling1

Shaenn,

Thanks for the instruction. It is working now. But indoor and Pan/Tilt camera only work in day time. They can not detect any motion movement if there is no light, especially in night. The recored image of Pan/Tilt is not good even I have turned on camera light. I think this is the limit of equipments. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Lingling

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3
My came Friday. Setup went well using standard Verizon browser setup. Not really happy with the overall operation of the P/T camera. I will post a full review shortly.
0 Likes