Home Monitoring and Control, Customer Service is Dreadful. No Resolution to Problem
mlawson61
Enthusiast - Level 2

11/20/14

Verizon Fios Customer

Services Included:  Internet, TV, Phone, Home Monitoring and Control

Account Number {edited for privacy}

Schenectady, New York  12304

Summary:   Verizon terminated service for my Home Monitoring and  Control System (thermostat, security cameras) on 11/6/14 without warning, nearly a year after the Verizon billing department made a mistake.   I advised Verizon that the service was down  11/6/14, and Verizon has been unable to restore service due to administration problems.     It is not possible to speak to a Verizon employee that has the authority to resolve this issue.  Nobody at Verizon will take ownership of the problem and that leaves me with no service and no way to ascertain if anything will be done.  I am unable to monitor the temperature in my house, and my security cameras are not operational. 

I am pleading with a Verizon manager to call me.  Contact information is available using the account number.  A cell phone number (518-362-xxxx) is listed with my Verizon email address.

Labels (1)
Re: Home Monitoring and Control, Customer Service is Dreadful. No Resolution to Problem
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mlawson6,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes