I have the Introductory Package and just added outdoor camera - now system will not record
tophertwo

Hi there! I love the introductory package indoor camera and light switch! Everything has worked perfectly. Yesterday, I added a new device, the outdoor camera. Today, my dog walker came in the house, and while checking the image on the app, I tried to livestream. It told me the camera was busy recording and to check back later. I did, the streaming worked fine, however there is no recording. The system was triggered 8-10 times while the dogwalker was there, but still no recordings. Did syncing the new outdoor camera to my system do something to prevent the indoor camera from recording? Any suggestions? The troubleshooting info on Verizon website cameras doesn't cover this. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have the Introductory Package and just added outdoor camera - now system will not record
msligon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Probabaly not the problem..Welcome to my world of home monitoring and control.  I have not been able to view any recordings since 12 am on 12/13/2012.  I have called Verizon support two times and still not recordings available this morning.  Problem was "escalated".  With 5 cameras on my system - I have missed probably 50 recordings in the past two days. 

0 Likes
Re: I have the Introductory Package and just added outdoor camera - now system will not record
vdubbin1

I just received my system on 12/13/12 and have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out why its not recording. Glad I found out that no one is getting recordings.  I am going to be paying $10 a month for this?  Totally unacceptable, I might just send it all back. It may be coincidence but did anyone notice that the 13th is also around the day they launched the new website on myverizon?  I don't really feel like calling since my last call was 37 minutes, and that was just to order the ridiculous system.

0 Likes
4wheeler

My cameras also stopped recording on Dec 12th.  After several calls last wweek and a follow up today I have learned that the problem is related to the server.  I was also told today that it is not likely that activity between then and when the problem gets resolved will probably not be recovered.  So, stop manipulating your settings, your router, your gateway, your cameras.  

0 Likes
4wheeler

I've started to receive recording once again as of 5:00 pm today.  None of the recordings frog the 12th on we're delivered.

0 Likes