IMG 1.9 in VHO 8 Status
gjetson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last week I received an email from VZ and my TV started showing the message the the New FIOS is coming.  Based on what I have read in various sources this meant that the IMG 1.9 was coming.  It has been a week since that message.  The rumor was that it meant 7/26 was the rollout date.  As of today 7/28 there have been no new IMG.  Does anyone from VZ who monitors these forums, or anyone else who has more information might know when is the rest of VHO 8 (Northern DE) will be getting the new IMG.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IMG 1.9 in VHO 8 Status
nascar
Master - Level 1
It's on hold. 

gjetson wrote:

Last week I received an email from VZ and my TV started showing the message the the New FIOS is coming.  Based on what I have read in various sources this meant that the IMG 1.9 was coming.  It has been a week since that message.  The rumor was that it meant 7/26 was the rollout date.  As of today 7/28 there have been no new IMG.  Does anyone from VZ who monitors these forums, or anyone else who has more information might know when is the rest of VHO 8 (Northern DE) will be getting the new IMG.

0 Likes
ciucca

Any Idea Why?  I live in VHO7

0 Likes
MercerNick65
Contributor - Level 1

Search Google for "Verizon" and "CWA" ... That's all I'm going say for fear of being censored by the mods.

prisaz
Legend

@MercerNick65 wrote:

Search Google for "Verizon" and "CWA" ... That's all I'm going say for fear of being censored by the mods.

Good point but how much of this is FiOS related. I wonder how many are CWA. I know when FiOS launch quite a few were wondering where their jobs stood. Remember pre 2005 much was just copper. I guess we could just hope for the best, and read the rest. If you think about it many have not had raises in a few years, I know my spouse took a new job and never received the increase promised when the starting salary was excepted. So many are happy to have jobs. But there are cuts everywhere. I don't think this is a political thread so your concerns regarding being censored for be off topic are well chosen. Along with my return comment. So lets just hope for the best 1.9 roll out and service we can get.

bohratom
Contributor - Level 1

When I signed up for Fios about a month ago I was told by my salesman that in less then  a month I would be able to use a 2TB  esata drive I purchased for my dvr as my VHO 7 (DAC 9) would have the 1.9a IMG that enables external hard drives. Now I hear DAC 9 is delayed. I see people that were on the beta in my DAC did receive the upgrade last week so I want to be placed on the beta list. Someone in verizon support tell me how to get on the beta list so I can finally use this 2TB drive I purchased as something more then a paper weight.

rysio
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree; I'm in VHO 7 and it would be nice if we could just opt-in to the beta or at least voluntary pre-release versions. Been promised expandable storage for months now and no progress.

0 Likes
Spawn026
Enthusiast - Level 2
I live in bradley beach nj and have been following 1.9 since it was first announced on engadget. The way the rollout is being handled is ridiculous. Customers in certain markets have been enjoying the original 1.9 for months and now markets are enjoying 1.9a. Wouldn't a public beta test make more sense allowing only those who wish to try it test the software as opposed to families who are clueless and get it simply because of their geographical location. If your going to launch, launch. Don't send me cryptic emails saying its coming with no dates and no updates on delays. Stop favoring markets and give the customers what they demand
0 Likes
zhelder

Along with everyone else, I have waited very patiently for the 1.9 IMG update in VHO7. I have had FIOS for just over a year now, and I received the last MIG update (1.8) very shortly after I started FIOS. Every time it seems like we're about to get the update, some delay keeps the update from happening, and Verizon is absolutely silent about what's causing these delays or when we can expect the update. It's incredibly frustrating. A year between IMG updates is long enough to wait.

If VHO7 is not going to be officially updated in the next few days and there's a possibility of including certain members of this VHO in a "beta" group for a sooner unofficial 1.9 release, please include me in this group. I'm ready for 1.9 NOW!!! Thank you.

0 Likes
yambag1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been waiting for IMG 1.9 for 18 months since the first wrong release date. VHO 7 should have been done already. What's the hold up?

0 Likes