IMG 1.9 set-up screen shows up EVERY time I turn on my television
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

Hello,

I live in NJ and received the IMG 1.9 update a few days ago. 

Every time I turn on my TV, I get the set-up screen asking me to choose my television type (standard or HDTV). For some reason, the box isn't "holding" my choice. I tried rebooting, but the set-up screen continues to pop up when I turn on the television. It let's me choose my television type (HDTV) and then everything is fine. But if I shut off the set and put it back on, the set-up screen is back.

Is anyone else having this problem with 1.9? And if so, is there a solution.

Thanks for any help.

Redfran

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IMG 1.9 set-up screen shows up EVERY time I turn on my television
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service. You can also schedule a repair. Here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can also find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same issue, with the 7232 not the 3 7100s we have.  All of the sets are connected via HDMI, but every time since Wednesday we have to choose before we can watch TV.  It is just an annoyance that won't go away.  I tried to reboot and send a set top auto correction, but neither worked.

Loved how you got the canned response with no helpful information.  If we could use the troubleshooter we wouldn't be here asking for help.

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

Did the Live Chat and here is what became of it, of course the rep proves once again that they never read the information you try to provide, they only know the script.  And they don't get it, asking a question that has been answered tends to tick us off.

A Verizon Service Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you. Agent Kado has joined. (07:52:31) Kado : Chat ID for this session is 10011174309.
(07:52:31)
Kado(07:52:41): Thank you for using Verizon Live Chat technical support, my name is Kado. I apologize for any delays in reaching an agent. I can send a 1 time, informative, email to your listed email address at the end of this chat if you would like?
DAVID (07:53:05): No thanks I have about 20 of those emails.
Kado(07:53:35): Ok thank you, For account verification purposes, can I get your name, the account holders name, the physical address where you have the service, and a number where you can be reached, please?
Kado(07:55:15): Thank you, do you mind if I call you David?
DAVID (07:55:29): No I don't mind
Kado(07:55:34): How can I assist you today David?
DAVID (07:57:18): Last week we got the 1.9 software, and ever since, only on the 7232, we turn on the TV it asks if we have SD or HD, we select HD and continue on. But this happens every time the TV is turned on, is there a fix?
Kado(07:58:18): One moment please.
DAVID (07:58:41): I forgot to mention the box has been rebooted and auto corrected many times to no avail
Kado(07:59:17): ok, do you select the HD or SD option?
DAVID (07:59:43): I wrote above we select the HD
Kado(08:00:13): Please turn it off and back on and select SD Kado(08:02:53): How we doing
DAVID (08:02:55): Can't, it isn't happening when the box is turned on and off so quick. This is the only time it hasn't happened.
Kado(08:03:25): Turn it off for a minute and then try please.
DAVID (08:04:33): I am waiting to turn it on, what would selecting SD accomplish? Kado(08:05:13): it gets it out of the loop that it is in Kado(08:05:18): then we can go into the menu and change it.
DAVID (08:06:06): OK, I'll have to do it later because it is not going into that screen when I turn it on.
Kado(08:07:02): Ok, try that and it should break the loop and stop doing it. Kado(08:07:12): Is there anything else I can help you with today?
DAVID (08:07:52): No, that is all, hoping that fixes things, otherwise the new software is much better, we really like it.
Kado(08:08:22): Excellent! I want to thank you for choosing Verizon and I hope you can rate me a 10, in the survey at the end of this chat. Have a great day!

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

As a follow up to my post above, choosing SD on startup and then going into the settings and changing it back to HD worked.  I turned on the TV today and wasn't asked.

0 Likes
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

Just wanted to report that this issue resolved itself a couple of days ago on its own (at least without any input on my part!). Not sure if Verizon made any adjustments on their end, but I no longer have to choose between SD and HD everytime I put on my television.

Thanks.

0 Likes