Light Module will not Sync
TimF
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure if I am missing something but I am not able to get the Light Module to sync at all.  I did test that power is going through it by clicking the button on the front and even holding the button properly controlled the dimming of the lamp.  I have tried to sync by using both the remote control and the gateway to no avail.  I assume "Double-Clicking" the button on front is pressing the button twice in quick succession.  If there are any other tricks to it, please let me know, otherwise, who do I contact for a replacement.

Thank You

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Light Module will not Sync
bootsndad
Enthusiast - Level 1

are you using the remote?  If so, try to unpair it first...

click the <-> on the remote

Double click the light module button

wait for the remote lights to stop blinking....then do the pairing steps again.

I had this with my Appliance module and that resolved the issue

View solution in original post

Bonzo4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont have the remote. I synced my light and appliance modules thru the gateway. I had them in close proximity to the gateway and then pressed the zwave button on the GW then double pressed the button on the light module. It synced fairly quickly then I did the same with the appliance module. Both work fine.

0 Likes
TimF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, that's how I thought it was suppose to work, it certainly did when I synced the appliance module.  I tried with the remote and also directly with the gateway, so I must have a defective unit.  Now I have to try and find somebody at Verizon who knows they have this service and can provide support,

0 Likes
bootsndad
Enthusiast - Level 1

are you using the remote?  If so, try to unpair it first...

click the <-> on the remote

Double click the light module button

wait for the remote lights to stop blinking....then do the pairing steps again.

I had this with my Appliance module and that resolved the issue

TimF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, boots, that solution solved the problem.  It appears that the light module did not sync completely with the remote and left it in "limbo".  Going through the steps of removing the device first allowed it to sync immediately when I tried it again.

0 Likes