New Guide is unusably slow
Not applicable

I was directed here by verizon support, nice.

It takes about 2 seconds to respond to any button press when I am in the new guide, and about 10 seconds for it to even pop up. I guess that my set top box type is a motorola QIP2500-3.  How can this be fixed right now? This is a service that I pay for.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Guide is unusably slow
nascar
Master - Level 1
Support sent you here?  Amazing.  This is a user based forum.  Are all of your boxes slow or just the one?  All the same model?  You may want to try to pull the power on it and see if it gets better after a reboot. 

gloskull9 wrote:

I was directed here by verizon support, nice.

It takes about 2 seconds to respond to any button press when I am in the new guide, and about 10 seconds for it to even pop up. I guess that my set top box type is a motorola QIP2500-3.  How can this be fixed right now? This is a service that I pay for.

0 Likes
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1

With the 7232 prior to 1.9 the responsiveness was fast.   Now it seems once in a while it skips a button that I press causing me to issue the command a second time.   

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

I have a 2500 box as well, and while it's definitely slower with 1.9 and slower than my 7216 box, it's not as slow as what you're seeing.  It takes about 2 or 3 seconds for the guide to pop up the first time after leaving it off for a while.  Then it's a little bit quicker after that.  But not nearly as responsive as the 7216.  There's one big exception in that if Verizon is directing you to an advertisement, it will do so when you hit the guide and it's painfully slow to wait for the ad to come up, then it should work faster after that.  If you're seeing 10 seconds every time, then there is likely an issue.

0 Likes
SueO1

DITTO to what you said.  I just posted a comment about this very thing.  Support directed me here too.  Basically, what I got was:  "a few ppl are complaining abotu the same thing.  If enough ppl complain maybe they will change it back"  Imagine that?

0 Likes
RossHilbert
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. Since the switch to 1.9 the guide and all menu operations are 2 to 3 times slower than prior to the upgrade.

0 Likes
nysnowbird92
Enthusiast - Level 2

same problem

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

If its 1.9 then the problem is probably because of an older box.  It works quite well on Cisco or Motorola 7xxx boxes.   Okay on 6xxx and like a dog on 2500-p3 boxes.

If its since 1.9.1 and particularly in areas of NJ and Pennsylvania, its a recent problem they are still trying to figure out.

0 Likes
Re: New Guide is unusually slow
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@tns wrote:

.... If its since 1.9.1 and particularly in areas of NJ and Pennsylvania, its a recent problem they are still trying to figure out.

I can understand a software glitch related to the nationwide roll-out of 1.9.1  However why would a (presumably) software issue be more acute in a particular geographic region?  Since I'm in NJ, you of course got my attention.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: New Guide is unusually slow
tns
Master - Level 2

Just reading other threads, and I may be misunderstanding, it sounds like they are trying to use a feature added in 1.9.1 and started having problems.  And so is regionalized to these areas where they rolled that change out. 

0 Likes