New IMG is Unbearable
DrSS

To put it mildy, the new guide is unuable. Even my 5 year old looked at it and said, "daddy, can you please change it back, I can't use this !!". My wife hates it, I hate it, even our friends hate it.

Also, I have a older HD DVR (I think this is the 6000 series) and a 52" Samsung LCD HD TV. The IMG does not cover the entire screen and shows black bars on the sides - same as the old one. Spent over 2 hours with tech support. The **bleep** recommended that I use the "stretch" option to cover the entire screen.

I just could not make the gentleman understand how ridiculous that suggestion was. We went through the mechanics of resetting the device half a dozen times (that seems to be the only thing Verizon Tech Support knows how to do) all to no avail.

Anyone else seeing the same issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New IMG is Unbearable
nascar
Master - Level 1

You need a 7 Series box to view the guide in full HD.  Regardless you will want a new 7 Series box since it is overall better than that 6 Series box you have.

DrSS wrote:

To put it mildy, the new guide is unuable. Even my 5 year old looked at it and said, "daddy, can you please change it back, I can't use this !!". My wife hates it, I hate it, even our friends hate it.

Also, I have a older HD DVR (I think this is the 6000 series) and a 52" Samsung LCD HD TV. The IMG does not cover the entire screen and shows black bars on the sides - same as the old one. Spent over 2 hours with tech support. The **bleep** recommended that I use the "stretch" option to cover the entire screen.

I just could not make the gentleman understand how ridiculous that suggestion was. We went through the mechanics of resetting the device half a dozen times (that seems to be the only thing Verizon Tech Support knows how to do) all to no avail.

Anyone else seeing the same issue?

0 Likes